Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to patch Adobe Flash - Chrome on XP

Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to patch my Adobe Flash version up to the latest fix for the security holes, but the version is not updating.

I am running Chrome on Windows XP.

My current Flash version is 21.0.0.216.

I have repeatedly dowloaded and run the installer as an administrator.  Each time I get to Step 3 indicating a successful install, but when I go back to Flash Player Help and check my version, it remains at 21.0.0.216, rather than showing an upgrade to the latest version of 22.

Please let me know if there is something that I can do to get to the latest version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

@LarTheHawk ,

Google embedded Flash Player in Chrome many years ago and all updates were released by Google as either Chrome updates or Component updates. However, Google dropped support for Windows XP in April and is no longer releasing updates for Chrome on Windows XP, which also includes updates to Flash Player, since they were the ones that released Flash Player updates.

According to Google Chrome Blog: Updates to Chrome platform support (posted Nov 15, 2015):

Today, we’re announcing the end of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You will not be able to update flash player for Google Chrome browser as the Flash Player comes embedded with Chrome. Please check for Chrome updates.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@LarTheHawk ,

Google embedded Flash Player in Chrome many years ago and all updates were released by Google as either Chrome updates or Component updates. However, Google dropped support for Windows XP in April and is no longer releasing updates for Chrome on Windows XP, which also includes updates to Flash Player, since they were the ones that released Flash Player updates.

According to Google Chrome Blog: Updates to Chrome platform support (posted Nov 15, 2015):

Today, we’re announcing the end of Chrome’s support for Windows XP, as well as Windows Vista, and Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8, since these platforms are no longer actively supported by Microsoft and Apple. Starting April 2016, Chrome will continue to function on these platforms but will no longer receive updates and security fixes.

Also, Chrome 50 ends support for Windows XP, OS X 10.6, other old versions | Ars Technica

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines