• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install Adobe Flash - installation will begin shortly...

May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem with my flash player. Browser is all the time poping with communicate to update a flash player. I downloaded the newest version, but whenever I try to install it there is a window with sentence: Your installation will begin shortly...

I am waiting, and waiting and then there is an error that it failed.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is the operating system, including version?

What is the browser, including version?

Please post screenshots of the window before an after the error.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2016 Jun 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Using Windows 7, Firefox 47.

installationWillBeginShortly.PNG

I found an older thread with the same problem: I am having trouble updating Adobe Flash from Firefox on Windows Vista.

The apparently answered question refers to a manual/offline installer: Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

However, the file is not the same as the file tha is exhibiting the above stalling.  How can I be assured that the manual/offline installation is the most recent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use a proxy server to access the internet?  Virus protection?  If so, which one?

It's possible the issue is the same, however, we'll need to get the online installer log files to investigate further.  Please upload the two log files (Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log) saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

The installer files posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier  page are the most recent version available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually went ahead and installed it.  No problem.  However, I'd still appreciate an answer to my original question, if possible.  Specifically, the file that is downloaded when I am prompted for an update differs from the link in my last message.  Is this normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is normal.  The installer in the screenshot is the online installer.  It's a shim installer that downloads Flash Player, and any option third party offer elected to be installed, silently in the background.  The link at the bottom of the help page is the full installer.

Again, it'd be great if you could provide the previously requested log files so that we can investigate further and try to find out why the error is being returned.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I can look into it this weekend...but just to be clear, would the log files have been overwritten by the 2nd successful attempt with the other installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The full installer does not write to the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log.  Those files are strictly for the online installer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, m_vargas,

The folder you described contains files Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log.  Both are not text files.  Is there a way for me to review the contents before uploading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can view the log files using any text editor, such as NotePad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh, so it's text after all.  I can see it with vim.  I was confused because I was trying to view it with unix (cygwin) tools -- specifically the "less" utility.  All it showed was giberish, and it's probably due to file encoding.  But vim could figure it out.  I've uploaded the files at Shared Files - Acrobat.com .  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines