• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import and Open File options freeze up

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click any Import option (Word, HTM, merge XPJ), the browser window does not open to allow me to select files.  This happens on ALL import options.

The RoboHelp screen freezes up and I get an error sound when I click any other option.  This requires me to press ESC in order to continue.

The same error occurs when I use the Open file option from the RoboHelp started.  If I use Windows Explorer to browse to the project, I can open it.  If I click Open file, I get the same screen freeze-up and no browser.

I am working via VPN.  The Import works fine when I'm connected to the enterprise server in the office. 

Is there an option or setting I can select to enable the Open file, Import > Word, Import > HTM or merge options via VPN?  I've tried several different log-in options and reviewed by Windows file set-up and security.  I'm totally stuck.

I am using Office 2010 and RoboHelp 10; our office uses Subversion, but the files are checked out properly.

As I said, I can import from the office when connected to the network.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Louis Lynch

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Hi there

Maybe it's that the window is in an area that can't be displayed!

Try this. When the window does not appear, press and hold the Windows logo key, then press perhaps the left arrow key a couple of times. See if the window is maybe hidden and pops into view.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a function of your VPN connection; I work remotely by first connecting my home machine to the company’s VPN, then using RDP to connect to my office machine – RH works fine that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Maybe it's that the window is in an area that can't be displayed!

Try this. When the window does not appear, press and hold the Windows logo key, then press perhaps the left arrow key a couple of times. See if the window is maybe hidden and pops into view.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r:

Fantastic!  Your solution worked.  Thank you so much.

It probably has to do with my double monitor settings I use at the office.

I appreciate your teaching me a new trick!

Best regards,

Lynch-Technical

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2016 Jun 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sweet! I was having the same problem when I connected remotely to my work PC, which has two monitors. Thanks for the tip, Captiv8r.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp