• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Uninstalling Flash Player?

Jun 19, 2016 Jun 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if I want to uninstall Flash Player in Windows, do I have to use first the "normal" deinstalling at the Windows Control Panel or do I first use the Uninstall Tool for Flash Player from Adobe?

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_...

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows from below link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Uninstaller Tool from the beginning or only, if the normal Uninstall in Windows doesn't work?
That was my question. Kratika Agarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can directly Uninstall Tool for Flash Player from Adobe, and do not need to deinstalling at the Windows Control Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kratika Agarwal​ Thanks! One last question: IF I already have deinstalled with Windows Control Panel, does the tool still work and finds the left over Files/Registry Entries, which were not deinstalled by Windows method?

@m_vargas: Its ok, I'm using 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes.  The uninstaller will find left over entries and remove those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what information you're looking for beyond what Kratika has replied.  You also don't include what Windows version you are using, so I'll include that Flash Player Uninstaller ONLY uninstalls Flash Player ActiveX on Windows 7 and below.  If you are using Windows 8 and above, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE, and Edge on Windows 10, and there is no way, short of brute force, to remove/uninstall Flash Player ActiveX on these operating systems.  Since it's integrated with the browser on these versions of Windows, Microsoft considers it a protected system file, and thus prevents easy deletion of the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines