• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player installer virus?

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2016 Jun 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just booted up my system and getting a virus detected on D/L'd as well.  From the official Flash player update & link:

https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/update/activex/, after D/L Wdws auto deletes file for virus detected.

then upon d/l: every single time:

please advise, as I WILL NOT update anymore ADOBE products until resolved. Turning off ALL Adobe update programs.

Respectfully,

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I branched your post to a new discussion topic as this is a different issue from the topic (Flash Player Malware) that you originally posted to.

We're investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for separating my comments into a new topic / discussion.  Sorry, I included them in another topic.  It was the first related one I found.  I last tried too update the flash player last night. And I still get the virus detected.  Very concerned.  Please let me know when you discover the issue.  Another reply from Adobe staff, stated to update my antivirus or disable it all together.  It is updated with latest definitions, and I will not disable it, too install a possible infected file.  Thank you for your assistance.

Respectfully,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What anti-virus software are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Samsung NP530 Ultrabook Laptop, i5, 8GB ram, running Wdws 7 sp1, IE11, MS Security Essentials (latest def files updated), is giving me the virus detection, file removed.  " Flashplayer Version 22.0.0.192 "  Ok, I think that is all the info needed.  Plz let me know if more info needed.  Thanks

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I'll pass this along to the online installer team.  In the mean time, please try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier  page in the 'Still having problems' section.

P.S.  Please don't post the same issue to multiple locations.  It's not conducive when folks are helping you and you're posting to multiple locations.  I'm only going to reply to you on this discussion thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks again for your assistance In this matter.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just login to laptop and tried the offline link you suggested above, and the system is still detecting a virus on D/L.?

very confusing why I'm having this issue, first time I have ever had an issue with Adobe updates.  Thanks again for your assistance

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I selected the following link:

Flash Player for Internet Explorer - ActiveX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, Just in case they ask: here is the latest definition file info:

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why Microsoft Essentials if flagging the installer as having a virus.  We run virus checks on all of the binaries prior to posting them for distribution.  We'll need to investigate further and possibly escalate to Microsoft.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange indeed.    I hope I have provided enough info to discover problem.  But, if you need anything else, just let me know. Thanks again. Have a great day.

Respectfully,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Microsoft Essentials on one of my test systems and it installed newer versions of the definition files:

Both the online installer and offline installer files that your version of MSE is detecting a virus on were downloaded without issue.

Can you please check to see if there is an update to your virus definitions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked for updates right before I took that screen shot I sent a bit ago.  but, I'll check again and rerun things.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, guess another update posted in the last hour.

tried to d/l Flash update again, but still get Virus detected.

Ugh...  And ALL Windows updates are applied.  Nothing pending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I just logged into my Surface Pro 3, Wdws 8.1, checked for update, discovered it was already installed and at the current ver.

So, at least that unit is ok and not having an issue.  Yeah..

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE as of Windows 8.  If you have the Windows 8.1 system configured to install updates automatically, or manually installed updates within the last week it would have included an update to Flash Player.

Long shot, but can you restart your computer and try again?

Alternatively, you can opt into Background Updates and Flash Player is automatically updated within 24 hrs of a release. To opt into Background Updates

- Launch Control Panel and go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items

- Select the Flash Player item

- In Flash Player Settings, go to the Updates tab

- Select 'Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)'

I realize opting into Background Updates isn't a solution, however, it'll get Flash Player on your system updated. I'm not sure why the same version of MSE is detecting a virus for you, but not for me, on the same file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The online installer team has informed me that the online installer files have been registered with VirusTotal.  Many anti-virus software use VirusTotal to check if files are legitimate.  I don't know if MSE does this.

Another alternative is to download the offline installer (I posted the link previously) on a different system, if one is available.  If that system doesn't detect it as being infected it would indicate an issue with the system that does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines