• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I find the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on my Mac

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How do I find the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on my Mac?  I am running OS 10.11.5 and Safari 9.1.1.
  2. How do I determine if I need to update Adobe Flash Player

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

There are several different methods to check what version is installed, two of them are:

Option 1:

• Go to System Preferences > Flash Player > Updates tab.  There are 2 variants of Flash Player on Mac, NPAPI for Safari and Firefox, and PPAPI for Opera and Chromium-based browsers, and both will be listed in the 'Updates' tab.
  • If Flash Player is installed the version installed will be listed here.  If there is a version listed, click the Check Now button and Flash Player will check for an update.  If a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are several different methods to check what version is installed, two of them are:

Option 1:

• Go to System Preferences > Flash Player > Updates tab.  There are 2 variants of Flash Player on Mac, NPAPI for Safari and Firefox, and PPAPI for Opera and Chromium-based browsers, and both will be listed in the 'Updates' tab.
  • If Flash Player is installed the version installed will be listed here.  If there is a version listed, click the Check Now button and Flash Player will check for an update.  If an update is available a notification dialog will display.
  • If there isn't a version listed, then Flash Player isn't installed.  Click the Install Now button to launch the browser to the download page.  Download and install Flash Player.

Option 2:

• Launch the browser and navigate to https://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about.
    • If Flash Player is not installed, a "Missing Plug-in" message will display where Flash content should display.
      • Click the "Missing Plug-in" text and a window displays indicating Flash Player is required displays.
      • Click More Info button to be direct to the download page to download and install Flash Player
    • If a previous version of Flash Player is detected, and Safari has blocked it, click the "Flash out-of-date" text and a windows displays indicating Flash is out-of-date displays.  Click Download Flash... button to be directed to the download page to download and install the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines