• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter for syncing 1hr video to PPT slides

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2008 Jun 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a solution to sync a 1 hr video to PPT slides. I came across Presenter but I seems from what I can tell only allows videos PER slide and not 1 video with cuepoints for all slides. Is that correct? Can anyone recommend a solution that I can use for this?

thanks

Fish
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this(http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=571&threadid=1368535) topic would be of some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. Thanks for the reply. that looks really interesting. I foudn the EDIT VIDEO section of teh slide. but the EFFECTS, START AFTER and TIME (sec) are greyed out. Am I missing something?

Also, what does THV mean in your other post. I did a HELP search for it but didnt find anything. Is it really obvious and I'm just missing it.

Thx again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duh. ok Talking head video. got that part. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other question. As I'm encoding my 1 hour video, I'm thinking of how the presentation is going to load the same video over and over again. Is Presenter smart enough to not load the same video? And if not, how will it handle calling a 1 hour movie and as I'm gettign towards the end of the video have to play from say 50 min into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you would update the urls for each slide, then the browser cache would take on the smartness part (in case the content is seen from simple web server).
Although, things are a little different if the content is uploaded to Connect. With Connect the video would be streamed and hence every frame of the video would be fetched while viewing (even if you rewind the same slide).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx catholicon. i'll give it a try. Do I have to add the video to every slide (91 slides) or can I just edit the XML after I do the first few. Presenter is really slow it will take me forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I see I can edit the XML to call the same files by adding the <video> node, but it doesnt seem to be very precise as it loads each slide. There are overlaps in words and missing words even when the time codes are the same.

For example:

slide 1
<video url="video_heads_258_2_28170.flv" StartTime="0.000000" StopTime="25000.000000" MuteAudio="0" IsH264="0"/>

slide 2
<video url="video_heads_258_2_28170.flv" StartTime="25000.000000" StopTime="33000.000000" MuteAudio="0" IsH264="0"/>

Its a shame you can't load a movie with cuepoints and trigger the slides. definitely a bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I agree precise control of time is a problem. But, that problem exists because when flash player is asked to sync to a particular time it actually picks up the closest keyframe to that time and plays the movie from there.

The ideal solution would have been that Presenter had the capability to edit/trim video internally and play the whole of it, rather than just providing the time parameters which don't tend to be so accurate at runtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
BTW, higher the bitrate of encoding, greater are the chances that you have dense keyframes. Thats still a guarantee but that should reduce the overlapping of missing words.

Or maybe there is a way to insert keyframes into flv files. I don't know any, but if you come across some, then please post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources