Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random web app item not random

Participant ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to get a  popup to display a random web app item when the page opens, but every time I refresh the page it displays the same item. Does anyone know why this might be occurring?

http://www.fortheloveoftravel.net.nz/

Thanks

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Hi Peter, I'm having the same problem so I contacted the support and this is what they said:

"Okay, as I just tested the same at my end and found out that the images are changing but they are after a time gap of 3-4 minutes. Refresh the page and then wait for 3-4 minutes and then again refresh, the image would change. This is a server side behavior to optimize the server utilization."

Sucks but they also said this can't be changed.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, San

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, I'm having the same problem so I contacted the support and this is what they said:

"Okay, as I just tested the same at my end and found out that the images are changing but they are after a time gap of 3-4 minutes. Refresh the page and then wait for 3-4 minutes and then again refresh, the image would change. This is a server side behavior to optimize the server utilization."

Sucks but they also said this can't be changed.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, San

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks San, it seems that is indeed the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines