Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not installing, tried "everything".

Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to install Adobe Flash Player to Firefox 3.0.12 and Opera 28.0. Regular install at adobe.com drops out before completing download. Indirect install downloads ok but double click of icon does nothing. Successfully uninstalled 16 NPAPI for Firefox and 19 PPAPI for Opera. Latest version of Opera will not install either so it might not be a problem with adobe.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to include - using Windows XP SP2. No error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean when you by "Regular install" and "Indirect install".

The online installer (downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer) shouldn't work on XP s/SP2. This is due to the online installer being signed with sha256 certificate and XP SP2 doesn't support this.  Normal behaviour is that double-clicking on the file name to launch it does nothing.

The offline installer, posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page should work on XP SP2.

Firefox 3.0.12 is extremely old.  I doubt Flash Player would function correctly on it.

If at all possible, I would recommend upgrading to at minimum XP SP3, which would enable you to install Flash Player, but again, I doubt it would function correctly on Firefox 3.0.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By indirect install, I meant offline installer. Not working for me. Yes, the Firefox version is old but was running Adobe Flash Player 16 NPAPI just fine before I uninstalled it. Just downloaded an older version of Adobe Flash Player 10.3 and it is working with Opera. Is there some kind of permission on my computer that would disable Firefox and Adobe working together? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the AFP 10.3 is not working either. Played a youtube video with it just fine, then went back to play the video again and it gives the message "Adobe Flash Player is out of date. Update flash."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you're using a very old version of Firefox and Flash Player it's difficult at best to say what's going on.  I know Firefox blocks old versions of Flash Player, but since Mozilla doesn't support Firefox 3 anymore, I don't think it would include that version.  You can check to see if Flash Player is enabled.  In modern Firefox this is in about:addons.  I don't know where this would be in Firefox 3.

You can try installing something newer than Flash Player 11.2 and and opting into Background Updates (update option = Allow Adobe to Install Updates).  This will update Flash Player automatically within 24 hrs, and will continue to update Flash Player within 24 hrs of a release.  No user interaction required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed AFP 20.0.0.235 and it seems to be working fine with both Firefox and Opera. Yahooo!. Thanks for the tip on Background Updates, and your help in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, Adobe Flash Player doesn't even show up in my list of addons for Firefox, although it appears to be working ok. Strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  Glad it's working for you now. 

I'm not sure where on Firefox 3.0.12 the plugin would display.  Is there an about:plugins option, instead of about:addons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried the Background Updates autoinstall and it doesn't work for me. Any ideas on fixing would be welcome. There is an about:plugins option on Firefox but Adobe Flash Player is not included in the list of plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines