Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install PAPPI after uninstalling to try and resolve XSplit Issue

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I installed the PAPPI version for wIndows 10 from the OTHER downloads on the site. The issue I was having with TwitchAlerts on XSplit Broadcaster was no audio from the alerts. The Fix for this according to XSplit support was to download and install the FP22 Opera and Chromium PAPPI plugin. I got it to install the first time. However In trying to troubleshoot it, I uninstalled it to try and reinstall now it will not reinstall no matter what I do. Any suggestion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

The Adobe_ADMLogs and files are created as soon as the UAC dialog closes, in the User's TEMP directory.  It's very odd that the files are not being created on your system.

Can you try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section?  This should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

PPAPI plugin comes embedded wit chrome.Please get latest chrome browser to get Latest Flash player

Adobe - Flash Player

Flash Player Help

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the other download according to Xsplit to get it to work with XSPLIT Broadcaster. This did initially install separately from Chrome as I already do have the latest Chrome Browser.

If you're unfamiliar with Xsplit, it's a Broadcasting software for Twitch.tv and various other streaming sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to re-install?  Is there an error?  If so what is it? Based on your comment you're using the online installer.  The log files might have some helpful information.  Please upload the 2 files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, saved at C:\Users\UserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It fails to install with no clear reasoning. Also when I try to find the Adobe_ADMLogs there is no folder for that in AppData/Local just an Adobe Folder with some temp files. Nothing with logfiles or so it appears.

Here's the temp files it created: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The log files are in C:\Users\UserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs, not \AppData\Local.  The Adobe_ADMLogs directory is created as soon as the installer launches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That folder never shows up at all during the entire installation process. Is it supposed to appear elsewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe_ADMLogs and files are created as soon as the UAC dialog closes, in the User's TEMP directory.  It's very odd that the files are not being created on your system.

Can you try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section?  This should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offline installer fixed my issue! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines