• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE Authorized Old Adobe ID

New Here ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow when I installed ADE, it authorized an old Adobe ID, associated with an email I no longer have. After wasting at least an hour with support, they insisted that the old email is not associated with any Adobe ID, but ADE clearly is using it and trying to send verification emails to it. I cannot deauthorize the account unless I get the verification email, and I can't get that because it's being sent to an account I no longer have. When I downloaded a book into ADE and transferred to my Nook, the Nook said I was an unauthorized user, I guess it is associated with the new Adobe ID? I also couldn't download the book into ADE on my laptop, which is not authorized at all, because it said it had been downloaded already by another user (presumably the user associated with the old Adobe ID). This is a mess and Adobe was absolutely no help and insisted that I can only get help here. Beyond frustrated. Anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the eBook are authoirze with the other or old mail adress it can read only with this mail adress. Have you not access to the adobe ID you can only ask your reseller if you get a new download which can linked with your current Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank  you, that helps for that particular book. But my biggest problem is that I now have my desktop authorized to an old Adobe ID that is associated with an email I no longer have and a password I no longer know. Adobe denies that the email is associated with any account, but it clearly shows on my computer as being associated. How can I deactivate the old Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem of not able to authorize digital editions. I tried your method of going to start to start and then to the registry editor. But still i am unable to authorize my computer. The error code that is coming is  Activation server error  code : E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED. I tried creating a new email id and then adobe id but still I am unable to deauthorize and then authorize

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To solved the Problem check the Date, Time or time zone. One of this is cause the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines