Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install flash player

Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I'm running Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox.  So I go to the download page and download the Adobe Flash player.  I double click on the file and it starts downloading it.  Then it gets about 1/3rd of the way to install it and it says "cannot install Adobe Flash Player".  When I check which version is installed it says I have version 21.0.0.242 already installed and that everything is fine.   But how do I get the newest update 22... to install with the patch?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll need to review the install log files to troubleshoot the error.  Please upload the following files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document .

FlashInstall.log files saved at:

• 32 Bit Windows:
    • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log
  • 64 Bit Windows:
    • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log
    • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log

Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log saved at:

• C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserID>\Local Settings\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs

Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I was unable to find the Adobe Admin log.  Here is the link to the flash player log.  I copied and pasted it and it came up with the below.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Thank you,

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there.  I found the other two admin adobe files.  I followed the instructions and it created the below link for these two:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Thank you,

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for not replying back to you sooner.  I've send the install log files to the online installer team to review.  In the mean time, the offline installer, posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section should work.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for providing the requested log files.

From logs we can see your Internet connection was too slow while installing FlashPlayer. Did you happen to delete any files during this period ?

And If you are using any anti-virus, please provide which anti-virus are you using.

Thanks,

Eswar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eswar, The internet connection is not the problem.  The file gets downloaded completely.  It won't install is what the problem is.  I use Avast as the anti virus.  Running Windows XP.  Thank you, Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't delete any files until after I sent you all those logs you requested.  Thanks, Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Well I solved the problem myself.  Sorry your information was not helpful.  What I did was I turned off the Avast antivirus completely.  Thank you anyway, Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@renéc72076576

I'm confused by you posting log files to a discussion topic you have not participated in.  What are the log files for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines