• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH/Captivate Video Player Issues

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having a few issues with our video content in Robohelp. (RH2015, videos were created in Cap 8, publishing to HTML5 output). The videos were created and imported by a coworker, and are intended to be viewed via drop-down text.

1. Chrome will not display the video itself in the drop-down, only the link to open it in a new tab.

2. IE WILL display the video in drop-down, BUT all the player controls are invisible. They're there and they function, because if you hover over where they should be a screen tip will appear and tell you what you're hovering over, and if you click it will pause/play/whatever. Why can't we see the actual icons?

3. If you click the X on the player to close the video in the drop-down, it closes the help entirely. It does not do this if you're viewing the video in a new tab.

Clearly the issue is with displaying videos as drop-down items. So, any hints or solutions would be appreciated, or at least any explanations as to why these things happen so I can rationalize it to my team.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you tried ensuring that RoboHelp is updated to the latest version?

If you click the File tab and choose Help, you should see that the latest version is 12.0.3.428

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

I updated to 12.0.3.428 this morning and regenerated my output - still having the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp