• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugins Not Working In After Effects CC15.3

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was working perfectly yesterday. Started a client project using some of my favorite plugins like Trapcode Form and Particular.

After update today, was going to continue my project where i left off.

However the majority of my plugins disappeared, leaving me unable to progress, running out of time.

I had to completely start all over again, with a fresh idea and standard After effects plugins.  

I tried reinstalling them, but they are not showing up.

Is anyone facing this problem too?

Can you please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Like HippieBoy, but on WIndows10, I tried to copy the trapcode plugins manually from

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015\Support Files\Plug-ins\Trapcode"

to

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015.3\Support Files\Plug-ins\Trapcode",

and my trapcode plug-ins where back. The amazing thing is that I've installed the Trapcode Plugin after having updated to CC 2015.3. The probably reason was that had the trial version of Trapcode plugins installed under AE CC 2015 and since

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar problem.  Updated Creative Cloud Apps.  Lost all my plugins in After Effects CC15.3.  I've worked all day trying to get Element V2.2.2 reinstalled.  It's just not working.  I was able to get Optical Flares up.  Real bummer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this will help, but I had to copy my plugins, scripts, and various assorted whatnot from the leftover "legacy" folder to the newly installed folder. On my Mac my old plugins were at Applications > Adobe After Effects CC 2015 > Plugins, I manually copied them to Applications > Adobe After Effects CC 2015.3 > Plugins.

It worked for me and the few freebie plugins I use, but your mileage may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Trapcode plugins need to be re-installed with the new installers to be compatible with the new version. Get them from Red Giant.

In the future, don't let the CC app remove your old versions. AE CC 2015.3 is essentially CC 2016 - it installs separately from CC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If 2015.3 is 2016... then why the heck is it not named accordingly, and why do we call it an update? Updates shouldn't be disruptive of your workflow. Professionals on a deadline are losing their minds with Adobe's marketing mumbo-jumbo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I choose to leave the previous version of 2015 in place, and then I simply copied all of my plugins, scripts, script UI panels and presets from the 2015 folder to the proper places in the 2015.3 folder and everything worked without any further steps (except script UI plugs needed their serials re-entered).

I have all VideoCoPilot plugs, Trapcode, Frischluft, RSMB, Looks, etc - none needed to be re-installed or re-serialized.

(OS X Yosemite 10.10.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mister Lortie wrote:

If 2015.3 is 2016... then why the heck is it not named accordingly, and why do we call it an update?

I don't know. I really don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing the reason it is 2015.3 vs 2016 is that I think a much bigger update was supposed to be ready for this CC update cycle but it wasn't, so we got 2015.3 instead. I think we'll get AE 2016 later when it is ready for prime time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing the reason it is 2015.3 vs 2016 is that I think a much bigger update was supposed to be ready for this CC update cycle but it wasn't, so we got 2015.3 instead. I think we'll get AE 2016 later when it is ready for prime time.

That guess is not correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, that wasn't meant as a criticism. I know there is major good stuff going on with AE and I'd rather have it be right than released too early.

And not that it matters, but it is curious Adobe would release a new versions (not updates) in the middle of 2016 and call them 2015...any chance for a hint on why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And not that it matters, but it is curious Adobe would release a new versions (not updates) in the middle of 2016 and call them 2015...any chance for a hint on why?

That decision was made above my pay grade. No further comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they are rebuilding the name from the ground up so they are going to name it a little bit at a time.  Or maybe they've been too busy streamlining the integration with Adobe Stock.   I'm fine with it personally.  The ability to buy things from Adobe from inside the AE interface is what's important to me.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely a push from investors, the way it usually goes. I can't call this good stuff, the brand name is becoming synonymous with buggy releases.

I also wonder if the guess about the naming is not correct, what is the real reason behind the naming? It would be nice to get some real answers every now and then, people might think this is a bug fix release instead of a "big/bug" release. At least it should be called beta, I can't imagine this have been tested well yet. I immediately got crashes by moving panels around too fast and by simply panning in the viewport, something that never happened before. Also the audio is more broken than before, which was marketed as a "new feature".

I'm really pissed off at the moment, I yesterday worked on a locked system of a client which had the update installed and it made my project pretty much unworkable. At least warn people with a huge banner that it's at their own risk before installing it.

The people above Tim Kurkoski's paygrade should realize that we're the ones paying them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go here: Red Giant | Downloads You'll find the latest Trapcode Release, however the latest installer is for Mac only.

I got in touch with support and they sent me the proper installer for Windows. While there at it fixing their download page, I suggest you contact Red Giant directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like HippieBoy, but on WIndows10, I tried to copy the trapcode plugins manually from

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015\Support Files\Plug-ins\Trapcode"

to

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015.3\Support Files\Plug-ins\Trapcode",

and my trapcode plug-ins where back. The amazing thing is that I've installed the Trapcode Plugin after having updated to CC 2015.3. The probably reason was that had the trial version of Trapcode plugins installed under AE CC 2015 and since the folder was still here the licenced version of Trapcode installed in the old folder.

Re: Plugins Not Working In After Effects CC15.3

Hope this will help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks FlyingOliver. I've looked all over for a solution to this problem and yours fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved the day man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally.  Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to confirm everything works fine under Mac OS Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines