• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 13.8 lots of random crashes

Participant ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading recently, I've gotten lots of random crashes doing various things, as simple as moving a layer around.

The error I get is as follows:

Last log message was: <140735214837760> <BEE_WorkQueue> <5> BEE_Project::TimestampGetNext ZANZIBAR-3: cannot produce timestamp, frozen=0, open=0

Setup is:

OSX 10.11.5

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)

The same project files had no issues in the previous versions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

It seems I have fixed the issue. Now checking but no crashes.

For me problems was in expressions. They were completely correct and simple (like parenting) and worked just perfect in previous AE version but most likely they cause crashing in 13.8. When I have deleted all layers with expressions – everything stopped crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds frustrating.

I would highly recommend filing a bug and give as much detail as possible. If you go into your help settings, enable logging, and maybe do a screen capture of yourself working until the bug hits, that would be highly beneficial, I'm sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in contact already. I switched back to the previous version, and it is stable with the same files. I guess I will stick with that for now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have completely same problem.

Lots of crashing that happen on completely different actions such as move layer, change layer's duration, change scale, opacity, position, add plugin, change comp settings and just place cursor to certain time etc.

I REALLY CANNOT WORK and don't understand what to do.

I have top macPro of middle 2010 and previous version of AE worked just perfect on it. Now I have 13.8 and just can't work on it. How can I help ADOBE SUPPORT to fix this error asap? Is it possible? I need to continue my projects 

Снимок экрана 2016-07-12 в 23.59.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

galxcom wrote:

I REALLY CANNOT WORK and don't understand what to do.

I have top macPro of middle 2010 and previous version of AE worked just perfect on it. Now I have 13.8 and just can't work on it. How can I help ADOBE SUPPORT to fix this error asap? Is it possible? I need to continue my projects

If you need to continue your projects, use the older versions of AE that worked for you. CC 2015.3 is a separate install. (It might as well be called CC 2016.) So you can have it installed alongside CC 2015 and CC 2014. If, when you updated, you let the CC app remove your old versions (this page explains how to stop it from doing that next time), you can install the older versions. This page explains how.

If you want help from Adobe support, contact Adobe support. This is just a user-to-user forum.

If you want us to help you get CC 2015.3 working, the first thing I would check is whether or not you have the Hardware Accelerate Panels option turned on in your preferences. Whether it's ticked or not, switch it and see if it behaves better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Szalam

Thank you for very detailed answer. Ups I've really thought that this is support forum too lol

About Hardware accelerate Composition, Layer and footage panels. I have unchecked it and ... it is still working without crashes (fingers crossed) for a much longer time already. Thus the problem could be really in this, thank you so much if it is true. I hope Adobe will fix this bug cuz everything worked fine before with this checkbox enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had crashes with this feature too when I tried to zoom on a large composition.

Re: Ae 2015.3 Crash when using Zoom Tool on Large Composition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

galxcom wrote:

Ups I've really thought that this is support forum too lol

This forum is a good place to get support, but it's just people like me volunteering their time. Actual, official, Adobe support is elsewhere. That being said, we do often get Adobe employees popping in here from time to time, so maybe one of them will see this thread.

galxcom wrote:

About Hardware accelerate Composition, Layer and footage panels. I have unchecked it and ... it is still working without crashes (fingers crossed) for a much longer time already.

I'm glad you're getting fewer crashes. I wonder if it has something to do with the AMD card - there seem to be a larger number of weird display driver kind of issues like this popping up on the forums lately. I'd recommend filing an official bug report and giving them as much information as you possibly can so that Adobe knows this is an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it still crashes

But, I must say, not so crazy frequently after I've unchecked that checkbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I have the impression that inverting this checkbox briefly prolongs the life of AE, then everything collapses again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem! In my case I was also unable to use some plug ins (Saber) and presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I have fixed the issue. Now checking but no crashes.

For me problems was in expressions. They were completely correct and simple (like parenting) and worked just perfect in previous AE version but most likely they cause crashing in 13.8. When I have deleted all layers with expressions – everything stopped crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. You know how I fixed it? It WAS related to comp size....

I had a comp size of 1064 x 2828 and it kept crashing when trying to save a still or just go to the render queue...

I changed it to 1100 x 2872 pixels...

Problem (for me at least) solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and fixed it by updating my graphic card driver !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem here. Exact same error.

I was working in Mocha AE and copied shape data to clipboard and then it happened. Repeat issue every time. Quitting Mocha and re-launching AE solves it. BUT still unable to bring in my shape data which is infuriating.

Last log message was: <140735214837760> <BEE_WorkQueue> <5> BEE_Project::TimestampGetNext ZANZIBAR-3: cannot produce timestamp, frozen=0, open=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too with Importing Mocha shape data.

Seems that if the mocha shape data has been copied to clipboard then it insta-crashes After Effects.

Last Logged message was : <7456><ZANZIBAR Hunter> <5> ProcessFrom MAIN requested_sync, proj=3503

Or when AE is opened with data already copied:

Last Logged message was : <1008><BEE_WorkQueue> <5> BEE_Project::TimestampGetNext ZANZIBAR-3: cannot produce timestamp, frozen=0, open=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15.0 has a bug with mocha shape data. Here: Re: Copy shapes from Mocha AE to AE 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It's a not a pretty solution, here's to hoping it's fixed soon.

FYI I ended up installing the previous version of AE, pasting the Mocha data there and saving a project.

After copying some random text to clear my clipboard of the nasty crashing mocha data, I then imported that project into my actual AE project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up having this problem again, now something else is causing it. Running through ANY footage crashes AE.

Have since reinstalled creative cloud and all apps... Maybe time for a fresh OS install? Really annoying, Adobe!!!

Last log message was: <140735992537920> <ZANZIBAR Hunter> <5> ProcessFrom MAIN requested_sync: 218, proj=468

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any work arounds? Curious if you are running High Sierra and CC18. Have seen quite a few bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated this morning and now I have this bug as well.

There are so many bugs and crashes now, what's going on AdobeSupport​? Your QC is getting worse for updates. We pay for this so it should work. I'm at work and I've spent the last hour doing nothing while rebooting and looking into this annoying error.

PLEASE FIX IT ASAP!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started getting the same behavior in AE, especially with some older comps. It's a big project, amny sub-comps but I really need a way to render it out. It's not like you can just undo or re-do a project of this complexity.

BTW -not running on Mac OS like many on this thread but latest version of Windows 10. So this is an equal opportunity Adobe bug! Everything else is stable and the issue is not on every comp, though even a few is too many for the money we pay for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely! I have a PC and I have the same problem with big project:

After Effects error Crash in progress. Last logged message was 11796 BEE_WorkQueue 5 BEE_ProjectsTimestampGetNext ZANZIBAR-3 cannot produce timestamp, frozen=0, open=0 AE Crash [1].png

& After Effect's can't continue sorry, After Effects has crashed. For After Effects Help and Support, go to...

AE Crash [2].png
I could solve my problem with a, Adobe technician simply doing: File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects > Use > Change "Mercury Software Only" for "Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA)".

Hope this works for everybody!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is slove my big problem

Finally I found 

Thanks you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem when AE trying to autosave the project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines