• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot launch RoboHTML

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2008 Jun 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled Robohelp from product cd: Robohelp for word starts (with activation required), but robohelp html does not. No error logged in event viewer. No message. no warning. Only the process starts, but with no results. Any idea? It's very important!
thank you very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And operating system!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you are right! Windows XP 2002 SP2 on a VIRTUAL MACHINE. Robohelp version >> X5. Thank you. I already tried the procedure under " http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=rb_10492" for correct unistall and reinstall ... No success... Thank you for help, I'm blocked! Manuela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might not be able to install RH on a virtual machine. You will need to talk to Adobe unless someone else here has already tried it?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to volunteer that I've ran several later versions of RoboHelp (6 and 7, not positive I ran x5) on WindowsXP and Vista (RH v7 only) virtual machines without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem with RoboHTML on my machine. However, I can get it to run immediately after an installation, but it fails to start after the system has been rebooted. I've been through tech support and have had this elveated quite high with no resolution of the issue.

When you get the RoboHelp for Word screen up, have you tried starting any of the utility applications? I can only get a few of them to run, so if this the true in your case then there is something dodgy in the common components for these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis

Is your installation also a virtual machine?

Manouk

If you are using X5, are you aware that will only work if you have admin rights attached to your logon and RH has to be installed using that logon. If that still does not work, then I think the issue is the virtual machine. Uninstall and reinstall as above and then post back how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm administrator of the machine. I'm making an attempt on another virtual machine and see what happens (the one I used first is connected over remote desktop, hope this is not the problem.. but why should it be?)
Anyway, let's see what happens. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Nope. No virtualization. Just plain XP Pro SP2. Only application that behaves this way.

Arnis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually we just installed x5 on a virtual with xp sp2 and it works. same steps, same setup cd. The only difference is that this virtual is local on pc, the 'wrong' one is reached over remote desktop connection. Any idea of settings and configurations that might interfere? is remote desktop connection a problem (but why should it be??)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The key thing as I understand it is that X5 must be installed using the RH user's login and that must have admin rights, both to install and run.

I am not sure whether installing remotely would be an issue.

Once installed and running on the target PC, then I would have thought that providing RH is accessed with the same logon, it should be OK.

This is not something I have tried, just going on what people have reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can remote into a PC with RH installed subject to the right logon and privileges. It's the virtual machine install I am not sure about. Not saying it cannot be done, just that because you are having problems and my belief is cannot do, that's the thing to pursue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that I did in fact run X5 on an XP virtual machine, though it was a few years ago when I began this position. Maybe I was lucky and didn't run in to any problems (other than being slower than the physical machine).

Edit: I don't recall attempting to remote desktop to a virtual machine for the purposes of running RoboHelp, so I can't comment on that aspect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp