• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Frames

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the latest version and restarting my computer I am getting red frames all over my composition. I tried a render and the red frames showed up there too. Reloading footage hasn't helped. I've never even heard of this problem until today, and it looks like it used to be an issue in Premier, not After Effects.

I'm on Windows 10 and have never had an issue like this before the update today.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Yes! Sorry, I missed this thread when I was updating threads last night.

This issue is fixed in the After Effects CC 2015.3 (13.8.1) bug-fix update. This update, available now, can be installed using the Creative Cloud desktop application, or by choosing Help > Updates inside any Adobe application.

Please read the known issues section of that blog post; you may need to clear the caches before the fix is visible for footage you have previously imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm the same problem in after effects, my files in mp4 are all with red frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us the format and codec of the files you are using.

If you clear the Media Cache, does the problem go away? Try the following, in order, and test the problem after each:

1. In After Effects, go to Preferences > Media & Disk Cache. Click the Clean Database & Cache button.

2. Manually remove all files from the Media Cache folder. Quit After Effects, Premiere Pro, and other Adobe applications, go to the folder specified in Preferences > Media & Disk Cache > Conformed Media Cache > Cache, and delete all files in this directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had tried clearing both caches many times, but not manually. After doing both steps as you suggested, the red frames are still there. I've tried opening other projects and they now have red frames as well.

The video files I'm working with are either mov or mp4 with the codec info H264 - MPEG-4 AVC

It seems that the red frames are usually on the video files, not the lower thirds I created with shape layers. So when I view my main comp the lower third precomp is visible with a red frame behind it that is my video precomp. Hope that makes sense or sheds some light on the issue?

My temporary workaround has been successful though. I reinstalled the old 2015 versions of AE and AME. My project rendered out of the old version with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a file that demonstrates the problem? We have been unsuccessful in reproducing the problem here. Please send me a private message with a link to the file on Dropbox or whichever file sharing service you prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent you a PM with a link to the aep file and mp4s. I also tried turning off hardware acceleration under preferences>display, but it only made things worse, my display driver crashed and recovered, and then AE crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Now I cant use the software and the Adobe Cloud has not the last version! It is terrible... Please check it asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had to install the previous version of AE. The problem of red frames, even emptying the cache, not stopped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried turning off hardware acceleration under preferences>display to see if that helps, but it causes my display driver to crash and AE to crash.

Here are the error reports if that helps...

6/22/2016 2:37 PMApplication HangThe program AfterFX.exe version 13.8.0.144 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 3518
 Start Time: 01d1cc9362db1987
 Termination Time: 106
 Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015.3\Support Files\AfterFX.exe
 Report Id: d4a01275-3886-11e6-9bec-002522c3e7cd
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 

6/22/2016 2:37 PMWindows Error ReportingFault bucket 129140391075, type 5
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: AfterFX.exe
P2: 13.8.0.144
P3: 57512541
P4: ad5e
P5: 134217728
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Users\JujuFox\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD687.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\JujuFox\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD6E6.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_AfterFX.exe_e4aa50f1d851f881658fa4451d3466c46318443_aac37056_3358d985

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: d4a01275-3886-11e6-9bec-002522c3e7cd
Report Status: 0
Hashed bucket: c2fa317e9c7ef9bc35319cf2dfb9c910

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, JujuFox. I've got the files. I'll continue this discussion with you offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem, could i allso get help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, started happening after last update (13.8). Have cleared cache and moving footage to a different drive, no difference. Would like some advice asap as this is killing our production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, jasonp98061121,  I'd say your solution is obvious -- don't use the newest stinkin' AE version!

If you've been an AE user for ANY amount of time, you should know by now that Adobe has NEVER been able to get it right the first time since it went to the cloud.  Actually, before that time, too.  Just stick with what works, and don't assume that everything will be fine with the newest version.  That's like asking Donald Trump to stick with one position for more than a couple of days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had any issues with CC updates until now. Glad it's not just me though. I posted about it in Creative Cow forums and a few people there also said they have the issue.

The previous version works like a champ though.

I don't think anyone else has said what type of machine they're on though. Is this only limited to Win 10 OS or are Mac users also affected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also the problem and my windows is 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win7 Pro, SP1. Intel i7-4770. 64bit, 32 gigram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you roll back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reinstall a previous version pretty easily. In CC filter by previous versions, select the old version, and it should prompt you to reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JujuFox wrote:

You can reinstall a previous version pretty easily. In CC filter by previous versions, select the old version, and it should prompt you to reinstall it.

Yes!

More details here. (Because it's not the first "old versions" option you see in the app!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm already with 13.8 and 13.5 installed. I am using 13.5 until they find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the red frame issue and cleared my cache. I am using AVCHD imported straight from my Canon EOS C100 Mark II. Works fine in previous versions (though I will say this latest version of AE renders MUCH faster but the red frames in both preview and final render require me to revert back to previous versions of AE).

Please fix asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIX!

This fixed the red frame flashes for me.

I have a .mp4 file in my AE sequence that would flash red frames in Premiere.

I placed the .mp4 clip into Adobe Media Encoder and converted to .mov

Red flashes gone.

Hope this works for you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

charlespuandm wrote:

FIX!

This fixed the red frame flashes for me.

I have a .mp4 file in my AE sequence that would flash red frames in Premiere.

I placed the .mp4 clip into Adobe Media Encoder and converted to .mov

Red flashes gone.

Hope this works for you..

Nope. I have the red frames on my .mov files too. I wasn't getting red frames in the new version of Premier, but I should check again and see if any pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried converting to .avi

That worked for me too..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that fixed worked for you, but this is indeed a problem that Adobe needs to fix. A quick reversion back to AE 2014 and the red frames are gone (I changed nothing but the version of AE).

They obviously modified something in the processing of this footage because previewing and rendering out my AVCHD video is significantly faster in the latest release of AE--it just introduced the red frames. Thumbing through posts from years ago, this bug has cropped up before. I imagine they'll squash it soon enough. Likely a AVC codec issue. I bet I could get the red frames to show up on my older AVCHD .MTS files, as well as the MP4.

They also screwed something up with Warp Stabilizer in 2015. AE 2014 works beautifully on footage that has very minor hand held wiggle. 2015 absolutely destroys it. Since I reverted back I figured I'd test it out since 2015 has been giving me issues. That's a whole other conversation though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines