• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Olympus EM1 Lens Profiles Support in Lightroom

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to get Olympus lens profiles into Lightroom CC? 

Secondly - Why the heck does Adobe ignore Olympus Cameras?  Where's the love Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except on my screen it reads, "Unable to find a matching profile automatically".  This is for the Olympus 25mm Prime 1:1.8 lens which is one of their most common lenses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel a major disconnect here.

Either you don't understand the statement from Adobe that I quoted, or I don't understand what you are saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UNCHECK Enable Profile Corrections, then look at what the message says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "This is for the Olympus 25mm Prime 1:1.8 lens which is one of their most common lenses."

Is this lens an earlier Four Thirds Mount or the newer Micro Four Thirds Mount. If the former there may be no specific lens profile available if the latter then the profile should be applied automatically see the screen capture.

More info is also available at the link. Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 4.14.14 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a combination of both.  This is the message I see. 

Lightroom Lens Profiles.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unchecked the "Enable Profile Corrections" and now I get the message, "Built-in Lens Profile applied".  So that's how I get automatic lens corrections is by not doing anything at all?  Convenient for sure but honestly, I have never realized this.  <palm smack to the forehead>

Lightroom Lens Profiles 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you further click on the ( i ) it will tell you what types of corrections have been applied.  These corrections are applied whether or not that Enable Profile Corrections checkbox is on, having that enabled merely overlays the useful message about a built-in profile being applied with a message about a profile not being found.

What the "not being found" message is referring to is an external profile file, like for DSLRs that don't have lens corrections embedded in each raw file so need an external file to characterize the lens.

If you didn't like the always-on built-in corrections, then you could also create an external lens profile with the Adobe Lens Profile Creator that would be applied in addition to those internal corrections, one perfecting the other, but I'm not sure if anyone goes to that trouble when there are built-in corrections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its great that with the improvements in digital photography the Camera Manufacturers can design lenses controlling the size, weight and cost and correct the physical distortions and other limitations of the lens using the Camera Firmware and or third party software for processing the raw file data.

You can now also use software profiles to correct distortions and limitations of lenses produced 15 or 20 years ago for the use of film cameras. Lots of present day photographers have never even experienced the use and limitations of capturing images on film.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines