Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 (Standalone) Student & Teacher version

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

does anyone know, if there will be a dedicated student & teacher version for the new lightroom 6 standalone? The only thing I found so far was an educational licence for the cloud versions...

Thanks a lot!

Cheers, lunchpack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Hi there

We don't have a student/teacher edition of Lightroom 6.

The perpetual version of Lightroom 6 is available as a full product or upgrade - Products

You may wish to consider Lightroom CC as part of the Creative Cloud Photography Plan - Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We don't have a student/teacher edition of Lightroom 6.

The perpetual version of Lightroom 6 is available as a full product or upgrade - Products

You may wish to consider Lightroom CC as part of the Creative Cloud Photography Plan - Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverley,

thanks for the quick response! OK, was just waiting for one because I had EDU licences of the old Lightroom versions... But the upgrade option for LR6 did work on my previous student versions, so that's fine.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

will the LR6 upgrade also work with the LR4 EDU version?

Thanks,

Carina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carina

Yes, you can upgrade to LR6 from any previous version of LR.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a teacher version of Lightroom 5 but if I am not mistaken, it has a 3 year license.  I think mine must have expired in the past month as I have been unable to import any photos since Christmas   I just realized that my license must have run out and hoped to purchase the teacher version of Lightroom 6.  But if there is none, is the only option purchasing CC or paying the full price to use the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erynn,

Where did you get that version of LR5? If you bought the standalone release direct from Adobe as an individual, then it would not have expired.

Did you receive some kind of error or message or other kind of behavior to indicate that?

If you could post that plus some background on the original purchase, then we can help further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bev,

I'm unable to locate the light room 6 software on the link you have provided. Is there a possibility you can point me to the light room perpetual product?

Thanks much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's near the bottom of the page on the "Products" link. You click on the "Buy" button, then indicate that you want to purchase an upgrade. Next you will specify the version you have been using. Then the price will change to the upgrade price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where do I find the upgrade form LR4 TO 6 do not need any CC plan just the upgrade from 4 to 6...the support people seem to be all confused, they keep telling me to go here and there but have not found where I can upgrade for $79 dollars??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Product link in the Correct Answer reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the product link in the Correct Answer reply but it tool me to

Products: For Education Customers

which wasn't what i wanted.

Like the previous respondent, I want ed the standalone upgrade for Lightroom 6.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

Check out this forum thread if you have any difficulties:

Update for Lightroom not available - not a Creative Cloud member

Just be aware that there is no EDU version of Lightroom 6. But regular upgrades work from any older version, including prior EDU versions.

Also note there is a discounted education version of the Complete Creative Cloud, which includes Lightroom CC amongst all the other CC apps... Lightroom CC is newer and has more features available than Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked out the Forum thread that you sent

Upgrade for Lightroom not available - not a Creative Cloud member <https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1822918>

And selected the

Next, see this page where you can buy a LR6 standalone license, either Full or Upgrade (from a previous LR version):

<http://bit.ly/BuyLightroom6> Purchase Adobe Software Products - Most Popular

Link, but it only gives me access to purchasing the standalone version, whereas I wanted to upgrade my existing version. Can you tell me how to do this please.

John C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link, but it only gives me access to purchasing the standalone version, whereas I wanted to upgrade my existing version. Can you tell me how to do this please.

It's less than intuitive.

Click the Buy link then from the dropdown select

I want to buy: Upgrade

Then complete your purchase.

Full details: Download and install Adobe Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Products" link on Beverley's Correct Answer reply should give you this, and if you're getting a Education users list of products then that is the type of product you last checked for and Adobe is remembering your choice.  Look for a button or link that says Not a Student or something similar that will switch back to the product list for individuals:

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_mostpo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

unclear and unfair...and expensive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines