• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 10 Session Replication problem

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently setup and configured a server farm running Windows Server 2012 and ColdFusion 10 Enterprise. I have a cluster created using named instances (not cfusion, though I find it curious that CF10 will allow you to cluster the cfusion instances now - but that presents problems - a different discussion later) anyhow.

I began with Sticky Sessions enabled on the Cluster and it worked as expected, I then wanted to turn off Sticky Sessions so that the applications would enjoy a seemless failover. Unchecking the box on the Cluster manager, restarting IIS and CF, had no effect. Sticky was still, well, sticky. An examination of the cluster.xml revealed that the <stickysession> node was set to "false" but workers.properties still had sticky set to true, so I edited workers.properties, saved, restarted and voila the cluster was no longer sticky.

Now here's where things get weird. I get a call from a member of my team, a user is losing their session and getting logged out. A test was conducted, we dumped the session to the browser and began refreshing the page with a delay between refreshes (F5 key down, F5 key up) and the session id stayed the same, as expected. So I held down F5 for a few seconds, bombarding the server with page requests, and suddenly the sessionid began cycling all sorts of randomness! Going back to a delayed pulse of refreshes, session stayed replicated, holding refresh again within seconds we get a constantly changing sessionid.

The reason the user was losing their session was because the application is a heavily ajax based system, there are many ajax calls happening whenever the user manipulates objects on screen (it's a CMS) so naturally these occur very fast (akin to holding refresh key down)

ColdFusion 10 Update 10 10,0,10,284825

Tomcat 7.0.23.0

Java Version 1.7.0_15

OS Version 6.2

Thanks for any ideas/help. Apologies for the short story.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing this exact problem using ColdFusion 11. I wrote a test page that makes 100 ajax requests at a given interval, alternating between a post and a get. You can reduce the interval setting in the java-script and eventually the ajax calls will start returning different session ids.

[ColdFusion] CF11 Session Replication Test - Pastebin.com  (the server side test.cfc just has a remo...‌

We are using latest CF11 running on windows 2012 R2 Standard with an IIS front end site. All current updates applied. Clustering and instancing have been set up per ColdFusion documentation to use session replication but not sticky sessions.

Any suggestions would be great!

ColdFusion 11,0,05,293506

Java 1.8.0_25

OS 6.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also have a similar situation, brand new install, 2 servers, 2 instances on each (cfusion and cluster_member)

a cluster set up on each server with the local member and the remote member.

session replication doesn't seem to work at all on CF11 with multiple servers, unfortunately i see nothing in any logs indicating any issues and obviously am not alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vestige mentioned what first came to my mind: logs. Perform a test where you log te session cookies. Then the question is, are the newly generated sessions emerging from multiple instances in the cluster or from just one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation