Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Installation Failure on Mac

Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I attempt to download Adobe Flash, I get the message "Installation failed. Click 'Finish' to further as..." When I click finish, I takes me back to the download page. I've tried all the troubleshooting techniques, including a clean uninstall, and nothing seems to be working.

I'm using Mac OX 10.11.5. I use both Firefox and Safari, and am attempting to download Adobe Flash version 22. If I could download an old version, I'd do that too, since after having uninstalled flash, my computer has many things it can't do anymore.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using any proxy server?

Please upload the two log files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log saved at ~/Library/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs (this is the User's Library directory, not the system Library directory) to cloud.acrobat.com.

Please read the following instructions on How to share a document.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem (at least would appear to be the same failure).

I've upload the file at Shared Files - Acrobat.com

I tried all the troubleshooting step, including uninstalling Flash.

A re-install failed, even after a reboot. So now I have no flash player and can't read BBC News articles!

Not Happy 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your user ID a member of the wheel group?  You can check the same, just open Terminal, type id then hit enter.  The output will list your userID, what group(s) it's a member of and a number of other items. Is (wheel) there in the output?

If it is there, it is already a known issue when Flash Player is installed using the online installer and are working on fixing this bug. For now, you can use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2016 Oct 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same problem with 10.11.6 yesterday. Because I had a different problem as well, I followed the instructions to fix that one and when I did, the flash installed immediately unlike the multiple failures the day before. Perhaps the same steps will assist you.

1. On stat up hold command + R until you get Mac Recovery mode.

2. Open the Utilities > Terminal

3. type in:

csrutil disable

4. Enter

5. Restarat

When I did this the CoreTelephony issue disappeared and so did the Flash installation from the install_flash_player_osx.dmg

If there's something in the temp file that is causing this for you, then this could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines