• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert DW based help system to RoboHelp

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have inherited a help system that was created using Dreamweaver and a tool SurfmapJS (for the TOC). This SurfmapJS product/site went down in 2002, so adding new pages is quite a tussle considering that I know nothing about JavaScript.

For my own good, I want to migrate this project to RH 6 and am looking for possible ways I can accomplish this task, hopefully with minimal rework and therefore in quickest possible time. There are about 100 HTML pages in this particular project and there are another 7 projects that have been designed in a similar fashion.

Would appreciate the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Importing the topics should be OK. Start with a topic that has a table to make sure they convert properly.

If Surfmap touches the topics, you may need to remove that before of after import.

Sorry but this is one of those things you have to try. It will not touch the source files so there's nothing to lose. That said, still back up first.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp