• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom update failed with U44M2P7

Participant ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to update the Mac version of LR 6.5 Stand alone (not CC) to LR 6.6. When I go to the Help Menu and select Update I get a window to update CC. But I don't have a CC version of LR. See screen grab. So how can I update the Standalone version. Is there a direct link somewhere?

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 11.02.23 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

The links to the 6.0 Version (install first) and the patch for 6.6 (install second) are both here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the Link Rikk but when I ran the update I got the following error message:

Lightroom CC / 6 Update – June 2016

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try to download from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

If you have problems with the update installation, you can try to download the full version and install it.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm, that updater leaves at ver 6.0. I'm looking for 6.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started today with a version of LR 6.5. Now after trying three different updates, 1st the one suggested by Rikk, then I've tried two from the page that Axel linked to. I'm now at ver 6.0. See screen grabs below.

So instead of updating my LR version from 6.5-6.6 I've actually gone backwards to 6.0.

Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosemite

Can anyone help?

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.15.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.16.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click Here:

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Are you sure you are downloading the 6.6 update listed under the 6.0? It sounds like you are clicking on the top item listed instead of the correct item below it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked the top item in the list on the page that you linked me to. The one named: Lightroom 6.6/2015.6. When I ran the updater it gave me an error message.

Then from that page that Alex linked to I first tried the very top one: Lightroom 6.6/2015.6. It seemed to run fine, no error message.

Neither of these two got me anywhere. The updater that you linked me to gave me the above (earlier post) error message.

One of these two updaters sent me back to version 6.0 when I was at 6.5

So then I went back to the page that Alex linked to, to see if I could incrementally update from 6.0 to 6.6. So I tried running the 6.1 updater then the 6.3 updater. both of these seemed to run successfully but my version of LR is still saying 6.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall LR 6 (whatever version), install the 6.0 version, install the 6.6 patcher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I have run the uninstaller where can I get the full download to LR6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links to the 6.0 Version (install first) and the patch for 6.6 (install second) are both here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the link in the red box in the screen shot below? If so that it just a patch and will not work. I've already tried that. If this is not what you mean can you give the direct link instead of the page with all of the patches?

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 3.53.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try, here.  Sorry I thought this is where you were, already:

Install Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Rikk's links, these two:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok got it all to work finally.

Actually this is the full installer:

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 4.14.37 PM.png

Not this:

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 4.14.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and I don't think any of us said anything different than what you're showing, here.

What can be confusing is where the 6.0 version is since that's not labelled as such, just LR 6 which could be a more general reference to all of the installers, full and patchers.  Once you figure out what the full installer is, then the patchers are more obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you followed the entire thread or just the most recent posts.

But in my original post I asked why does Mac LR 6 stand alone make you try to update LR CC when going to the Help Menu->Updates? See first screen grab.

Then Rikk provided me with this link: Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date That patch 6.6 gave me the error message that you say in my 2nd comment. So that did not work.

Then,  Alex Matt sent me here: Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date a different page and I tried that 6.6 patch and one of these patches reverted me back to version 6.0 from my previous 6.5 version. So that patch did not work either.

Then in your first post you suggested uninstalling LR and reinstalling. So I did that.

Then Rikk gave me the same link again when I asked for the link for the full download. His link does not have the full installed only the patches.

Then you gave me the correct page. This would have been a whole lots easier if I had just gotten a direct link and not a page where I had to read through he content to find the download. All is good now I have it updated.

But the original question still begs an answer. Why does LR 6 try to update LR CC 6 when going to the update menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top link in Rikk's set pointed to the same page that I gave you the direct link of, so both pointed to the full download as it's first thing, you just had to click one more time with what Rikk gave you.

The CC Desktop app is likely the visible part of the background services used to verify your license for LR 6 and to sign you in to download an update.  Don't worry that it says CC.   It doesn't mean you have a monthly subscription all of a sudden.

FWIW, I got the same update-CC message this morning, so there's obviously new code being deployed, although I have a CC subscription so didn't think anything of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesn't make much. Sense I downloaded the original LR 6 eight days ago and had the same problema as you.

I uninstalled, installed a new fresh download from above, then the patch (before I opened LR6), and it worked without the error.

Strange, but true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patches "don't work" if you install them out of order so if you didn't install 6.0, first and are already using 6.5 then the 6.0.1 installer will fail which is why several of us have said to install 6.0 then the latest patch.  To install 6.0 you have to have uninstalled LR altogether, I think.

There is no need to install all the patches, just the original full-size installer at the top, then the latest patch installer, which has all the changes since the original 6.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines