Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound from Flash file keeps going after popup closed

Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp HTML 7.02.001. I have dozens of links to flash files that appear in popups that I have created in the project. They work pretty much fine, except that when the popups appear and the user clicks outside of the popup to close it, the popup disappears, but the sound from the flash video keeps on playing. This is a major irritant.

Alternatively, if I can't solve this, I want to be able to bring these .swf movies up in the Flash Player instead of a popup by linking to them in some why that they open in Flash Player, but I can't figure out how to do this.

In the worst case I will link to the popup html file so that it opens in a new window, but so far I don't seem to be able to control the size of the window that opens - it doesn't look good with video to open a window half the size or double the size of the film clip.

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Cheers,
Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I place one of the flash video files in a captivate project and create a popup in this way then there is no problem with the sound when the popup closes. really odd. This is not a solution, but it is odd that the same flash video behaves differently depending on how it is played in a pop-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc

Sounds like you have found a workaround for the moment.

You may wish to report this behavior to Adobe so they might tweak it. You do this using the Wish Form.

Click here to visit the Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be joking - I have 90 flash videos - I would have to create 90 captivate projects - and re-import them all into the project, redo the links....groan.... I have to follow this process for nearly 900 more videos over the next year, and using Captivate gives me nothing but an extra layer of work in the process. Groan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

No, sorry, I wasn't joking. Sometimes we may not like the way things behave, but until someone changes that manner of behaving, there is little we can do to influence the behavior.

The only other possiblity that comes to mind is to perhaps open the Flash in a new Browser Instance. perhaps using JavaScript to control the size, placement and chrome elements of the browser window that opens. Then if the user closes the Browser window the Flash should stop.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2008 Jun 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick,

I realised that you were not joking - that was my attempt at irony 😉

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,
Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp