• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User Defined Variables

Contributor ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the RH 2015 online Help but didn't see the confirmation that I was looking for about User Defined Variables (UDV).

What I wanted to confirm is that the SystemName_Cardiac_Monitoring_System UDV and its value displaying in bold below means that it is a different value than in the default UDVS. I think that's what it means because I created a second User Defined Variable set and set the UDV named "SystemName_Cardiac_Monitoring_System" to "Xcelera" in the "Demo" UDVS (User Defined Variable Set) whereas the value in the "default" UDVS is "Phillips." Can anyone confirm that's why the value is bold?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed, that's my own understanding of it. And you are right, I don't believe that specific behavior is mentioned anywhere.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something else I just noticed that might be helpful when working with UDVs is that if you want to change the Description field, it can only be done when you are working with the Default Variable Set value selected in the Variable Set drop-down. I created a variable set called "Demo" and that field is disabled when I have the Demo value selected in the Variable Set drop-down. I think the programming logic under this is that it's treating the Variable Name and Description as "key" fields in the database.

I'm not saying anyone would want to change the Description value - it is just something I noticed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp