• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the video playback controls?

Participant ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Presenter 11.  I can import a video but is there no option to add playback controls to the video itself?   

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Yes I do...  I don't want the video to start playing until the user click a play button after other animations have taken place.  Right now it starts the moment the slide displays.

The fix I found is simply to use PowerPoint's video widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video playback is controlled by the Adobe Presenter play bar. So you don't need a second set of playback controls to make things more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do...  I don't want the video to start playing until the user click a play button after other animations have taken place.  Right now it starts the moment the slide displays.

The fix I found is simply to use PowerPoint's video widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, that changes the nature of your question. While I still think a second set of player controls will just complicate the issue. There are a few solutions.

1. Place a pause (Wait for User) marker in the Edit Audio function after all of your other animations take place. Then put a delay start on the video for that point. The slide will then pause after your slide content and the user can click Play on the play bar to watch it when they are ready.
  2. Place the video on it's own slide and set the Advance by User setting to Yes for the slide prior to the video in the Slide Manager tool. This will let your animations play on the slide then when the viewer is ready they click the Play button to move to the next slide with the video.
  3. Create a SWF video player with your video embedded and place it on the slide and don't have Presenter control the SWF. This will allow you to have whatever player controls you want in the SWF wrapper of the video and the viewer can click play whenever they want. The video will play independently of the Presenter presentation. You will likely want to put the Advance by User setting on this slide so it doesn't move on until the viewers are ready and click the Play or Next buttons on the Adobe Presenter playbar.

Be careful about inserting video and/or audio via PPT's functions. They may not be in the converted output of Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources