Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text wrapping for TOC entries

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2008 Jun 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I wonder if there's a way (CSS or a special file to edit) to make sure that all books and topics labels in TOC (WebHelp and FlashHelp) will not be truncated because of long labels and Navigation Pane width (220px) ?

Any suggestion ?

Thanks!

Jean Laurier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link to a thread that addressed this question.

http://tinyurl.com/6hbdlw

If you do try it, perhaps you would post back to confirm whether or not the last post in the thread is the only change required.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter!

In his last post (in thread : http://tinyurl.com/6hbdlw), Roger N gives a 3 steps procedure to work arround this issue (see below an extract from Roger's last post) :

=======================================

Roger N [Senior Member] 08/15/2006 06:57:42 AM

In whthost.js:

1) edit the function writeBookItems() as described.

2) remove the width property from the TocWriteFixedWidth() function,

3) remove the single <nobr> and </nobr> from the string found in the function WriteAnItem().

To wrap the book titles, you would do the same for the WriteBook() function, and insert the script replacement mentioned above (in the first post) wherever it goes for books (ok, I'm getting lazy again).
=======================================

I followed these 3 steps and here's what I've got :

Nothing significant until step 3 was done (I checked results after each step by reloading index.htm file);
After step 3: Topics titles in TOC were looking fine and were wrapped! YES!
But... TOC synchronization stopped working.

I must also add that I didn't succeed with Books Titles wrapping because I didn't know how to modify properly the WriteBook() function.

Rgds,

Jean Laurier

p.s.: There is no whthost.js file when generating a FlashHelp output! So I'm still searching a solution for that issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am sorry but I cannot help you with javascript issues.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp