• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 2015.6 hangs on Import

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading my PSCC LR version days ago, LR keeps hanging when I attempt to Import.  I am running a mid-2011 iMac with 16 GB of RAM.  I have a 1 TB internal drive that is only ⅓ full.  My images are on an external G-Drive using Thunderbolt 1.  I never had import hangs before upgrading to 2015.6.  In my preferences, I do not have GPU acceleration checked as my AMD Radeon card is a 6770 version and LR's online comments seem to indicate that the AMD Radeon 6000 series "is not supported."  Every other aspect of LR seems to be working just fine.

Anyone have a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

POSSIBLE SOLUTION!

A friend suggested this and it seemed to work.  It may come down to computer Permissions.  Try this:

Find the folder on your system as follows: 

1.  Located the folder USERNAME/LibraryApplication Support

2.  right click on the folder and left click on GET INFO

3.  At the bottom of the window that opens, look under Sharing & Permissions

4.  What you want to see is that you have "admin" under "Name" and "Read & Write" under "Privilege"  (I didn't)

5.  To add "admin," click on the padl

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

iMac Late 2015

RAM:   16GB

Graphics Processor:  Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200

Use Graphics Processor is ticked on in LR

Pics are saved to a 1TB  external HDD

Any help is much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For both of you check the Destination the imports are going to for proper Write permissions of the drive/folder.

For thecat uncheck the option to use the graphics processor.

Then Test an import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe it has anything to do with permissions.  My system hangs immediately after choosing "Import" without even giving me an opportunity to chose the destination.  I also notice (I used Dr. Cleaner) that when this happens, my systems RAM memory usage jumps to 14+GB.  I have 16 total so something in LR is pushing my RAM to its limits and that might be the cause of the hang.  Others have joined this issue so it's not just me and my box.  Adobe, are you listening?  Fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For thecat uncheck the option to use the graphics processor.

Don't understand what you're suggesting. Can you tell me the steps to take? Thank you.

Should have been more specific. The graphics processor probably has nothing to do with my problem. Sorry for the confusion.  I have the same problem as others in that when I try of to import photos and once I select the "import photos and videos" LR immediately hangs up. Have force quit. Have rebooted. Have shut down completely for overnight and restarted this morning. All to no avail. Hopefully, someone has an answer out there. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, your comment was about permissions in the "DESTINATION" folder.  When my system freezes, it never gets that far.  I just invoke "import" and the system freezes.  I don't get to chose a target folder OR a destination folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem. When attempting to import I watch the memory counter in my menu bar drop and drop and drop.

LR has become increasingly less responsive and more bug-ridden in the past year.

I'm wasting money being subscribed to CC. This is the last straw. Time to cancel my sub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated Lightroom CC twelve days a go I have been unable to import photos from the same sources. Just hangs up. If I am lucky I can Force Quit - can't get there - restart. Do I uninstall Lightroom? Everything worked fine until this last update.

M

Number of Proces

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the issue in 5.71 and thought I would try the CC trial 2015.6

3rd day of trial and the same issue appears in 2015.6 as I had in 5.71.

In my case the hang happens AFTER the import of most files

The top line of the window to the right of the LR logo says

"Lightroom Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Library (Not Responding)"

Lightroom is using 17% of the CPU and 1,486 MB of memory after spiking to 100% briefly.

I have a 6 month old HP Envy 17t with 16GB of ram

CPU is Intel i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz

Graphics cards are

- Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

- NVIDIA GeFOrce GTX 950M

Preferences in LR to use Graphics Acceleration or not use Graphics yield exactly the same result.

Why upgrade is there is a problem like this???

Is there someone at Adobe to talk to or is the forum the only way to move this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using new iMAC-5k with all bells and whistles, the new release 2015.6 does not hang on import BUT it says it cannot read SONY RAW files from my A7R M2.  I can read the same files on my 13 inch MacBook pro, 2015 with i7 and 6100 simple graphics processor running the same release of Lightroom. Using MAC Photo there is no problem importing my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you listening Adobe? Not just me. As soon as I select imports the circus wheel spins and spins and spins..Imports to Mac Photo works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some additional (and interesting, to me) information.  I went to the Preferences Panel and chose "Performance" and then clicked on the "System Info" button on the upper right.  Up popped a lot of information about my system and it's interface with Lightroom.  Here's a snippet of that information:

Graphics Processor Info:

Check OpenGL support: Failed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 4.1 ATI-1.42.11

Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6770M OpenGL Engine

LanguageVersion: 4.10

What?  Why would LR report, "Check OpenGL support: Failed?"  What is failing?  Why is it failing?

Can any of the rest of you having this problem check to see what your "System Info" is reporting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

I was able to resolve the problem by

Lightroom > Preferences > Performance

Uncheck Use Graphics Processor

Quit Lightroom

Restart computer

Hope this helps others

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this.  In fact my GPU was never checked.  When I talked to the Adobe tech this morning, he said my freeze problem "has nothing to do with the GPU accelerator."  He was very clear about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem. While trying to copy an unusually large number of photos from a camera memory card to Lightroom, the Import process hung after 599 photos. This happened three times. Each time I used the red "x" to cancel the copy process, and each time that I tried to close Lightroom a message warned me that Lightroom was still busy writing metadata to Lightroom. It said it would continue doing so when Lightroom was reopened, but it did not appear to do so. That's a good thing.

Then I tried above suggestion of going into Lightroom --> Preferences and unchecking "Use Graphics Processor" under the "Performance" tab. Soon, when I tried to copy all of the photos to Lightroom again, this time all of the photos transferred. Why does the process hang if the "Use Graphics Processor" is checked? Is there a memory issue with my 2013 MacBook Pro retina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/AutoMatters+%26+More  wrote

Why does the process hang if the "Use Graphics Processor" is checked? Is there a memory issue with my 2013 MacBook Pro retina?

This is most likely a bug, and users have reported that turning off "Use Graphics Processors" eliminates certain problems in various different parts of Lightroom. It has nothing to do with memory, but may have something to do with the specific graphics processor and/or specific GPU driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well ....

I upgraded my video driver to the latest build.

I tried import with the Graphics Processor checked and unchecked

I still get a Not Responding message.

I would really really like to see Adobe respond to this issue in this thread.

I think it is incumbent on them to do so especially since they do not provide phone tech support.

Ball is in their court.

My trial currently has 3 days left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

POSSIBLE SOLUTION!

A friend suggested this and it seemed to work.  It may come down to computer Permissions.  Try this:

Find the folder on your system as follows: 

1.  Located the folder USERNAME/LibraryApplication Support

2.  right click on the folder and left click on GET INFO

3.  At the bottom of the window that opens, look under Sharing & Permissions

4.  What you want to see is that you have "admin" under "Name" and "Read & Write" under "Privilege"  (I didn't)

5.  To add "admin," click on the padlock icon in the lower right to unlock.  Your computer will ask you to enter your system password.  Click OK.

6.  Click on the "+" under Sharing & Permissions

7.  highlight "Users & Groups" and be sure there is an "administrators" there.  Chose it.

8.  "admin" should now show up under the "Privilege" heading.

9.  Use the "gear" icon to be sure that the admin has "Read & Write" authorization

10.  Click on the lock icon to save your changes and close the Application Support Info window

Try to import.  Hopefully, your problems will be gone.  Somehow, the latest update (2015.6) needed admin read & write permissions whereas the previous versions didn't.  Don't really know why, but this fixed my Import problems.  I hope it fixes yours, also.  Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot find the folder

user_name/LibraryApplication Support

looked in c:\Users\user_name\

and did a general search

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for (and insert) your name for [user_name].  When you set up your computer, it should have asked you for your name and then set up a users folder with your name.  sorry.  I thought you would have known this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't think that I needed to explain that of course I substitute my actual username for user_name.

In any case there is no "LibraryApplication Support" or even a *Library* like what you are describing.

Is there meant to be no space between the words Library and Application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked beautifully! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a Mac OS X Yosemite 10.I0.5   know this question is probably rudimentary but how do I access/find username (I know to insert my name)/library application support? I need to know the steps to take in order to get to that option. Thanks to anyone who can continue to help with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Go menu from the desktop hold down the option key down and library will appear in the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines