• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manga (Graphic Novel) book downloaded from Kobo is mostly blank

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have just recently bought an ebook from Kobo. It is a manga/graphic novel just to let you know. I downloaded the acsm file from Kobo and I successfully used that file to download the epub file with Adobe Digital Editions. I have authorized my copy of Adobe Digital Editions with my Adobe ID. The epub file has the correct book title, author name, publisher information, and number of pages. The problem is that all of the pages are either completely blank or have a line across the top of the page showing about 10 pixels worth of the page. Below is a picture of what I am describing. I have tried re-downloading the acsm file and I have tried re-downloading the epub file multiple times with the same result. Does anyone know why this is happening and/or how to fix it?

Kobo epub problem.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

According to my research into this, the reason the book does not display correctly is because it is protected by a special Kobo DRM that is not compatible with Adobe Digital Editions commonly referred to as Kepub. The file type of my book on the Kobo website says "EPUB 3 (Adobe DRM)", so watch out for books in that format.

From what I can tell, the only way around this is to remove the DRM from the epub file. I would like to add that removing the DRM from anything is illegal, and I do not condone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  Were you ever able to resolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to my research into this, the reason the book does not display correctly is because it is protected by a special Kobo DRM that is not compatible with Adobe Digital Editions commonly referred to as Kepub. The file type of my book on the Kobo website says "EPUB 3 (Adobe DRM)", so watch out for books in that format.

From what I can tell, the only way around this is to remove the DRM from the epub file. I would like to add that removing the DRM from anything is illegal, and I do not condone this action nor am I recommending it. I am simply stating the results of my research.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines