Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC 2015.3 Error while loading Trapcode Particular Effect

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I've recently bought the Trapcode-Bundle and tested the Trapcode Sound Keys yet. As I started working today morning, I got some problems with the Trapcode Particular Effect I installed yesterday with all the other Trapcode Effects... When I drag and drop the 'Particular' from the Effect-list on the right side to a solid layer, it says the following: After Effects Error: "After Effects error: "Particular.aex" could not be loaded (126). (48::46)"

My system specifications:

CPUIntel Core i7 6700K 4.5 Ghz
RAM32 GB
GraphicscardGTX 980 TI Gigabyte G1 Gaming
MotherboardAsus Z170 PRO GAMING
SystemWIN 10

Thanks for help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you run the Reg Giant Link app and check for updates. Make sure AE is up to date. I'm having no problems with Trapcode and CC2014 - 2015.3 ...

BTW, comp size and workflow details would help. There could be something else going on that you have not told us about. The first thing I do when I get an error like this is to start a new standard comp, add one new solid and then the effect giving me problems. If that fails I purge everything, reboot, start a new project and then repeat. If I'm still having problems I carefully analyze and file a detailed bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution: uninstall the Trapcode Suite from your Windows Programs, make sure you have version 13.0.3 (which at the time of my writing you find only here: Red Giant - ProductDownloads ) and run the installer AS ADMINISTRATOR. Then install for 2015 AND 2015.3. Don't ask me why, but that was the only way I could make it work.

Easily the worst version update since many years, Adobe and Redgiant, costed me 6 days of productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my hero

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU, MY HERO. iT WORKS THE WAY YOU SAID.THIS HAS BEEN NIGHTMARE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WORKED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why yours isn't marked as a solution.

I have been Very unhappy with trapcode's support as well, other than I ended up getting a free upgrade "for my troubles." They forgot to tell people not to upgrade to the latest (not sure when that was) after effects. Once you upgrade, trapcode stopped working. And it didn't say it was incompatible anywhere. Even there support was stumped. Then later on, someone in their office said something like, "Oh, that doesn't work with that version."

After hours of going back and forth installing this/that, uninstalling. Finally he just gave me a code for the current one. Now I got a new computer and got this issue. I followed your instructions and it worked right away.

Other instructions around the internet basically said "update your graphics card driver." Like,  a Lot of them. Well, yeah, that doesn't do anything. Perhaps if it's related to an actually corrupt driver, but that is unlikely.

Anyway, your solution worked, and I wanted to thank you for it, and post here to increase this page's search priority for other people having the same issue. It would also help if the original guy would come back here and mark your response Answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, Yes, it has  been a big problem with Trapcode Particular.I am suprised how Red Giant answered you. They know about this problem. And how to fix it.This solution is right. I had A support guy from Red Giant inside my computers and installed Trapcode Particular.And I see he has installed about same way as Jan says..So there is a big problem with many computers and Trapcode Particular uppgrade.

Jan Seidler1 has a right solution on the problem. Everybody can be sure about it. Therefor I write.

I have got good support on Red Giant. I am sorry you did not met a right support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines