Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filtering of Star ratings on Lightroom cc

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi starAll,

I would be very grateful if someone out there could assist.

I am currently using lightroom cc with operating system Windows 10 pro.

I have started to organise my photos in a particular folder by adding 1 to 5 star ratings.

Each image have accepted the corresponding star rating but I now want to filter my stared images

so that only images with a specific star rating is show.

Please can you advise how you achieve this.

Regards

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Use the Filter Bar (press backslash if it is not present at the top of your Lightroom window)

Click on attribute.

Then click on the number of stars you are searching for. In the example below, I have clicked on the fifth star, and the search will find all photos with 5 stars. (Note: you can also click on the = sign, to obtain searches for "less than or equal" and "greater than or equal".

Alternative: you can create a smart collection to do the same thing. Instructions are left up to the user to fig

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Filter Bar (press backslash if it is not present at the top of your Lightroom window)

Click on attribute.

Then click on the number of stars you are searching for. In the example below, I have clicked on the fifth star, and the search will find all photos with 5 stars. (Note: you can also click on the = sign, to obtain searches for "less than or equal" and "greater than or equal".

Alternative: you can create a smart collection to do the same thing. Instructions are left up to the user to figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how about inverting the selection ?
Some are 5 stars and others are not.
I just want to select those which are NOT 5 stars

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated above, use the filter bar to select all images whose rating is LESS THAN 5 stars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But of course dj_paig, it was there all the time !
Silly me. Great help ! Thank you.
Sometimes things are in front of us and we do not see them !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines