• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC shortcuts problem with Mac OS X 10.9(Mavericks) DP1

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm concerning to subscribe Adobe CC, But, I've got problem with Photoshop CC' shortcuts.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1596253 here is the same problem as I experienced.

I completely reinstalled Mac OS X 10.9 DP1, It still messed up.

So, I tried to move ~/Library/Preferences folder to Desktop and works ok. But, I changed System Preference - Keyboard - Shortcuts,

It happened again.

I think that this problem is come from mismatching system's shortcuts preferences.

Would you patch this problem?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're running a beta OS, then you can expect problems. Make sure you report this issue to Apple on the Seed forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the latest Mavericks DP and Photoshop CC updates, all of my Photoshop shortcuts were broken, and displayed as this: ⌘≠

Frustrating, to say the least… Even trying to reinput them manually didn't work. However, I think I've discovered the source of the problem and a means to fix it that I mean to share with anyone else experiencing this horrible glitch:

Check your Input Sources for your keyboard and reset it to U.S. Mine was set to Romaji via Kotoeri (Japanese).

1. Quit Photoshop
  2. System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources
  3. Set Input as U.S. (Other inputs might be working, but Romaji isn't)
  4. Open Photoshop
    • If Shortcuts are back, awesome.
    • If not, Quit Photoshop
      1. Go to ~/Library/Preferences/Photoshop CC/
        • Delete:
          1. Keyboard Shortcuts.psp
          2. Keyboard Shortcuts Primary.psp
          3. Adobe Photoshop CC Prefs.psp (just for good measure)
      2. Open Photoshop
      3. (Optional) Reset your custom Shortcuts and Save a Backup of it.
  5. Relax… (or get back to work with your haptic memory and the universe restored)

Hope this works for you. If it doesn't, try entering in some custom keyboard shortcuts before rebuilding the defaults (not sure it made a difference, but that is what I did to test it beforehand). Oh, and don't switch your keyboard input to anything else other than U.S. while or before opening Photoshop CC.

It's quite possible that other keyboard Input Sources still work, but I have not tested. U.S. (English) worked for me. Please post here your findings as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me: (~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings)

Go to ~/Library/Preferences/Photoshop CC/

• Delete:
    1. Keyboard Shortcuts.psp
    2. Keyboard Shortcuts Primary.psp
    3. Adobe Photoshop CC Prefs.psp (just for good measure)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, bud! This worked for me, but I had to make sure to:

1.) Close Photoshop

2.) Delete Adobe Photoshop CS6 Prefs.psp

3.) Make sure my keyboard was set to English - US

4.) Start up Photoshop, and voila

I never need to use Romaji ever, so this is fine for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me, as I had Romaji on! (step 1 to 3)

As soon as I switched to Australian keyboard, (not US as you suggested, and I didn't want to add any more keyboard) then opened Photoshop, it was fine.

Once I am in the Photoshop I can change the input source to Romaji and the shortcut keys are not affected.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just uninstalled and reinstalled all of my Adobe softwares via Creative Cloud. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEY GUYS,

PROBLEM IS RESOLVED FOR ME !!! IM SO RELIEVED !!!

THIS IS MY FIRST POST BECAUSE AFTER I SUCCEED FIXING THE PROBLEM I COME STRAIGHT HERE TO SHARE!!!

THIS IS WHAT I DID:

QUIT PHOTOSHOP -> OPEN FINDER -> TYPE TO SEARCH :  Default Keyboard Shortcuts.kys -> RUN THE FILE , IT WILL OPEN PHOTOSHOP AND ASK YOU IF YOU WANT TO SAVE THE CURRENT SHORTCUTS, CLICK DON'T SAVE -> VOILA !!!

I'VE QUIT AND OPENED PHOTOSHOP SEVERAL TIMES TO MAKE SURE. AND IM USING VIETNAMESE KEYBOARD INPUT, NO PROBLEM AT ALL SWITCHING TO OTHERS.

THE SHORTCUTS ARE TRULY BACK !!!

BUT I HAVENT TRIED TO RESET THE PC.

SO DO THE SAME AND LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS FOR YOU !!!

HOPE THIS HELPS XOXO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though, I believe there is a new problem, with Your Caps Lock-key this time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this but it's still not working for me. Not only are my Photoshop CC shortcuts not working, Illustrator CC has the same problems too. I'm using Mavericks as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2014 Nov 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted a similar problem here:

Re: Photoshop CS6 issue with shortcuts and my keyboard after upgrade from CS5

with Photoshop CS6 and Yosemite (both clean installs). This is NOT affecting InDesign, Illustrator or Acrobat, only Photoshop. I tried every suggestion in this thread without luck. Guess I'm going to resort to reinstalling as it's impossible to work with shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found something that seems to have fixed it for me.

1) Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts

2) Under the Set: dropdown on the top right, choose "Photoshop defaults"

3) You will get a warning about saving or losing.  Choose "Don't Save".

4) OK

This reset the shortcuts to defaults and seems to work no matter whether I'm in Japanese or US input mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to make this work, but PS keeps hanging when I quit after shortcut changes. The other issue is that this keyboard shortcut dialog should be in the Preferences pane! Poor UI/UX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photo shop

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, Please advise how to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kiperline | Shop Modern Tech and Powerful Electronics.

Portable display1.jpg
Find cutting edge electronics for an amplified lifestyle.
Convenient and performative technology, browse portable monitors, keyboards, laptops, and more.

Portable display2.jpg
Kiperline Wireless Connection Portable Monitor offers versatile connectivity with a Wireless Projection option to connect the monitor to your device cable-free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines