Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fulfillment Error: E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN

Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive this error when trying to open an .acsm file on my Mac:  "Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN:"  I am running Mac OS X 10.8.2.  When I open the ACSM file it is in XML format and is looking for a PDF document.

What do I need to do to actually download the file?  Everything else seems to be configured properly in terms of authorization.

Message was edited by: JFS-NJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I  left that part out!  I am using Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 on a Mac running OS X 10.8.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone explain what this error is?

I am using Windows 7 on a PC and trying to open the the .acsm file in Adobe Digital Editions v 2.0.67532

I keep getting the error E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN

I bought a pdf from elsevier (outlook programming) as i was wasting time trying to find a solution to my problem online - tried to save the organisation dollars by buying a book with the answers - buying the book was simple, actually being able to view the PDF - altogether different matter.  I've now wasted more time trying to actually ACCESS the book!  No dollars saved at all

it seems anyone who has posted this question has received no answer

I click customer support from adobe and get thrown here, their forum WITH NO ANSWERS TO THE QUESTION - vicious cycle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem at the moment. Using Windows 7 64 bit pc and trying to open an .acsm file that I bought from Kobo. My ADE is v 2.0.1

I keep getting the same error E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN.

No solutions found as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at all sure this will help that particlular problem, but worth a try as there don't seem any alternative suggestions.

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this error on my PC using Windows 7 when I tried to open the .acsm file that I downloaded when I purchased an ebook from Sainsburysebooks.co.uk.  I contacted them without much help.  I followed the lead of one of the respondents to your question who suggested installing an older version of digital editions. I did that and then tried to open the .acsm file. This time I got a slightly different error message (I forgot to write it down but it said it was an io error), the important thing was that it contained some more information. It stated that it could not access the actual location of the .epub file which was something like this  (I've modified it)  http://fulfillment.anobii.com/adobe-acs/ad7cf32a-fe40-4fce-fg5-d4e02572f4dc.epub.   So I pasted this url into my browser and then got a message from my ISP to say that page was blocked by my parental controls - so I simply had to allow access to that page and was then able to download the book.  I hope this might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the Tip Peter, I too had purchased from Sainsburys and found i had the error as being discussed.

I followed your advice and added the web link to my Sky Bradband sheild settings and hey presto it downloaded!

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2014 Sep 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went thru this error as well

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN:

when I tryed to download a purchased book from KOBO and import it in Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.

It never happened before while I get it now both on mac and on a Windows 7 PC.

Found nowhere a solution.

The working procedure usually was:

1. get into the Kobo account
  2. download the .acsm file for the purchased book with DRM protection
  3. open Adobe digital Editions on an Adobe ID authorized computer
  4. add to library (selecting .acsm files) and opening the .acsm file previously downloaded

I get the above error.

Fixing:

Do 1. 2. of the above procedure.

3'. right click the .acsm file on windows or <ctrl> click on mac and select "open with adobe digital editions" (or simply double click on it). It downloads the epub file and opens it in Digital editions without the above error.

Don't know why, but that's it.

Have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to find if you have a download file with extension .acsm with the same name in your computer, erase it and download the new file. I had the same problem and I solved it. You can also download the new in different place, but I did the first better.

If that don't resolve the problem, Ctrl/Command+Shift+D in desk of Adobe Digital Editions to erase the authorized computer and start doing that I told you first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the following error just today: Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN. 

I am using a Macbook Pro (2010) OS 10.10.3 and I have downloaded 100 books from KOBO using the ascm format.  Usually, as soon as I click on the file in the downloads it opens up Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 and the ascm file loads into my library and opens.  Not today with my 101st and 102nd books.

Having read some of the suggestions here I tried a mixture of a few suggestions and had success:

1. I went into the program Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 on my computer and clicked on Add to Library in the File menu. My computer immediately went to my Downloads but you may need to browse to get to downloads.
  2. I scrolled through to find URLLink-101.ascm but at first it was greyed out and I couldn't select it.  I went to the bottom of the screen and changed the Show button to ASCM files rather than PDF/EPUB which is what it had defaulted to.  As soon as that was changed I could select URLLink-101.ascm and then clicked ADD at the bottom.
  3. As soon as I had clicked ADD it downloaded straightaway into my library in Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.  I then followed the same procedure with the second book I had purchased.

I have no idea why this happened after 100 other books have been downloaded normally.  Weird but somewhat easily fixed for me.  Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gente!! ami sí me funciono!! solo tuve que intentar descargarlo repetidas veces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of the above suggestions and unfortunately I am still getting this error "Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN:"  Can someone please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To provide some background, I am trying to download a Adobe Digital Edition eBook. I have a Mac OX Yosemite Process 1.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 and I followed all of the necessary steps which include:

1. Creating an Adobe Account

2. Downloading the Adobe Digital Editions 4.0 (I also tried 5.0)

3. Click "File" "Add to Library" Click on the "URLlink.acsm" file as an "ACSM" file, I receive an error that states E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN:"

I tried calling the Adobe helpline and chatting with a representative but no one has been able to help. Can someone please assist as soon as possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting the same error for the past 2 months. Have tried all the above suggestions. Contacted Adobe Help chat but the person (bot?) said that help was only for Creative Cloud and they didn't support Adobe Digital Editions! Told me to look in the forums. Anyone had any luck resolving the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@christopherm7902945 

Had the same issue. These d!cks from support don`t know what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines