• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Your Flash Player may be out of date"

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive this pop up daily on my IE browser.  It says it is initializing and the file is in my download folder "FlashPlayer.exe"  I am given the option to either run or save FlashPlayer.exe (377 kb) from eekumyoutube.org. 

It is not in my download folder and the from appears suspicious.  Is this legitimate or is somebody trying to hack my system.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can almost guarantee you it is malware - especially if you already have the current Flash Player 22.0.0.192 ActiveX installed. The only question is whether IE is being redirected to eekumyoutube.org by malware that is already on your system or by "malvertising." I would recommend a full scan with your preferred security software against the first possibility, and using something like Adblock Plus for IE for the second possibility (but unfortunately that extension slows down IE considerably.)

[Edit] Looks like someone has analysed the URL at VirusTotal: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/d801804991faaacdde45f30221733732987cf205abb54750e751c6ce8a845ac8/a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a malware. Please scan your system. To check if you are on the latest version refer to Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines