Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displaying data from another web app

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm hoping to display data from my "team" app onto my "articles" app. Basically display the author's image, email etc.... which comes from the TEAM app. I know it can be done.  I've use the data src field extracting the authors name, but of course this provides only a link. Are there any tutorials anyone can point me to? Thanks.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

So what this means as a practical answer using the normal tag system with BC,  is that you insert this code for your team web app {module_webapps,123456,i,{tag_author_id}} onto your displayed atricles app layout page.  tag author id  is a field set up in the articles web app and is a datasource field connect to your team app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use liquid markup you get the id of the web app item. You can use this to call the other web app module using that item id to access that item's data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what this means as a practical answer using the normal tag system with BC,  is that you insert this code for your team web app {module_webapps,123456,i,{tag_author_id}} onto your displayed atricles app layout page.  tag author id  is a field set up in the articles web app and is a datasource field connect to your team app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can you would use liquid and the newer tag system for modules:
module_webapps | Business Catalyst Developers

Web App detail layout | Business Catalyst Developers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines