• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Recorder for Help Topics

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2008 Jun 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to make some flash based recordings on certain help topics. I thought RoboHelp had this feature, but I can't find it which is leading me to believe it is not available. Anyone can assist me with this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're looking for Adobe Captivate, which is a separate product. It used to be called "RoboDemo."

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jrdbrn

While G. is spot on with the reply, if you choose to use something other than Captivate, there are some other tools that you might find attractive too.

CamStudio - Open Source
Krut - Open Source
Wink - Free

Just to list a few... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. Thanks, Rick!

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an FYI, RH 5 had a recorder in its Tools section. It seems to be gone in RH 7...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RHX5 has a "Video Software Camera" application in the Tools tab but it never seemed to work for those that tried to use it. Users were directed to use RoboDemo (the predecessor of Captivate) by Macromedia so even they acknowledged that this tool was not up to much and that they weren't developing it.

RH7 has a lot more integration with Captivate. It even allows you to use a toolbar icon to create a Captivate movie whilst in a topic and insert it. You have to have a license for both products or the TCS though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

Colum is spot on with this. I believe the reason it "never seemed to work", is because it had its roots in the early days of computers when we had to employ small children to carve what we wanted on the malleable clay that was the screen. Actually, that's where the name "screen" comes from, as we had to put a layer of netting across the front to keep the crumbles from falling into the keyboard.

All joking aside, (in case you read that and are scratching your head, it's my feeble attempt at geek humor) the Software Video Camera was neat in its day. But if I'm remembering correctly, it required the color depth to be set to 256 colors and it gagged or refused to run on many of the "millions of colors" setups that are commonplace in today's world.

Happy Friday the 13th all!

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp