• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Pencil Support [iOS]

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Will there be Apple Pencil support Including palm rejection? When I currently use it the experience is relativly poor when comparing it to Apple notes on the iPad pro. It's hard to write clearly. 

Look forward to the update...

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We just released the new update (16.02.23) to the App Store on February 17, 2016.

The update includes improved support for Apple Pencil.  (However, no changes had been made specifically for palm rejection.)

Would you please give it a try and let us know what you think?

Thank you!

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We just released the new update (16.02.23) to the App Store on February 17, 2016.

The update includes improved support for Apple Pencil.  (However, no changes had been made specifically for palm rejection.)

Would you please give it a try and let us know what you think?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌the support has improved, but you need to introduce a way of changing thickness/colour of the writing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WishesOnMainSt,

"writing"...Are you referring to drawing using Apple Pencil in Acrobat Reader for iOS?

There is a way to change thickness/color/opacity of pencil drawing in Acrobat Reader for iOS.

1. Tap the existing drawing.
  2. Select Thickness, Color, Opacity from the menu that pops up.
    FreehandTool_iPad.png
  3. Change the value of the property.

Once you change a property, Acrobat Reader will remember the new value of the particular comment type.

Please let us know if it works for you.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its great the Apple Pencil will work with Adobe reader but can the Apple Pencil work on Adobe Acrobat? Been trying for a bit and it doesn't show me the pencils' ability to change to a fine point. Is it possible?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that IS very cumbersome. To not be able to pick the thickness of the line first, makes no sense at all. I don't know of any other program that works that way. And the thickness or thinness of the line might affect where the lines are supposed to go.

Very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  anthonyr41316627‌,

The latest version 16.04.05 includes improved palm rejection when using Apple Pencil with iPad Pro.

Please let us know if it works better for you now.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all works well, it's just that the way you change the thickness and colour of the comment is quite cumbersome. Would be much better if there was a simple drop down menu before you start to write.

Regards

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Furthermore, is it somehow possible to scroll while using the pencil? In other Apps there is recognition if the pencil is used or a finger tip. So i scroll with my fingers and i write/draw with my pencil. Not so in Acrobat. The pencil is exactly the same as a finger. No difference, no pressure sensitivity.

I try using the iPad Version once every two or three month, but it stays the same. It’s not possible to have a smooth workflow. Drawing, saving, change color and thickness after that, scroll to next position, draw etc.

It would be really great to see a better pencil support on your roadmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. Really need to change comments feature on iPad to allow finger scroll and pencil write. And a better interface for selecting colour thickness and opacity.

This is making your application fall far behind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines