Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with CFINCLUDE

Participant ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There!

I am dealing with a wack situation. I am writing a small application for one of my clients and I created a -let's call it- system_query.cfm file that contains the functions I use the most accross the program. In each of my pages I am using <cfinclude template="system_query.cfm"/> Now, let's say that I have a screen that gets staff info, imagine you are looking at it right now, and let's say I call a function to check a user,

<cfset checkUser = checkUsers(ZONE_ID=form.zone_id,BUILDING_ID=building_id,USER_ID=form.user_id)/>

Once I declare this function and I try to reload the page I get a blank screen. Please note that the checkUsers() function belongs to the system_query.cfm file that I am including. My datasource is correct, if I use cfquery tags I pull data from the database. I am having a hard time with including this template so I use my functions.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sentence, "Once I declare this function and I try to reload the page I get a blank screen." sounds like the source of your trouble. In fact, it looks like an infinite loop, which is consistent with your white page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we might need to see some code here:
- relevant extract from the include file
- the code that includes it (and from which file), and some indication of
the context to...
- ... the code (and from which file) calling the "erroring" function.

Is there anything in the JRun or CF logs suggesting what might be going
wrong?

--
Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan and Adam you guys totally make sense! I am at my main office right now. Once I get to my home office I will do what you guys suggest. Thanks for your responses and thanks in advanced to those who will help me out with their ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you guys think it might be some error on my included template? If yes, Why it does not show me debug information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: apocalipsis19
Do you guys think it might be some error on my included template? If yes, Why it does not show me debug information?

No. If there was, it would crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation