• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"A supported version of Microsoft Word does not exist. Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer."

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new RoboHelp user und I want to import content written with Word 2013 into RoboHelp.

I'm using RH HTML 9.0.2 and MS Word 2013 (Office 2013) on a Windows 7 professional computer.

When I try to import a Word-Document (I downloaded and used the example document from Peter Grainge and also tried other Word-documents) I get the following message:

"A supported version of Microsoft Word does not exist. Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer."

RH Fehlermeldung Version Word.png

What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message is wrong as regards the version you need to install. It should state that you need a compatible version and the latest is Office 2010. Even Rh10 does not support Office 2013.

There is a workaround when generating printed documentation but not when importing. You need to install Word 2010 which can co-exist with Word 2013 if you want to retain that for other purposes. Before using Rh to import, run Word 2010 first.

To generate printed documentation using Word 2013, right click Properties in the layout, it works from there.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using RH 11 and MS Word 2016 (Office 2016) on a Windows 7 professional computer.

When I try to generate a printed document I get:

“A supported version of Microsoft Word does not exist. Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer.”

I doesn’t matter if I left-click or right-click>Properties, I always get the message.

Please help. How do I get Robohelp to recognize my Word 2016 installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get Robohelp to recognize my Word 2016 installation?

You need to upgrade to RoboHelp (2015 Release) and install the three service releases.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I am using RH 2015, but I still could not render output via printed documentation. Kindly advise. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick's not tuned into RH forums these days - did you apply the updates as he recommended?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to Jeff's advice, while it was a long time ago, I think the installation and running order mattered.

Try uninstalling RH and running Word once. Then install RH and all patches as an administrator. Then see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp