• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unable to execute script at line 1. File or folder does not exist."

Participant ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I start AfterEffects I get an error as it's looking to find my recent projects.  The error is as follows:  "Unable to execute script at line 1. File or folder does not exist."  I have not changed the location of any of my project files.  It's the same external drives I've been using for months.  When I click OK the same window opens several more times and then finally the history window opens completely blank and empty.  I am able to reopen the projects however from the RECENT PROJECTS pulldown in the top bar.  It's very odd and worrying behavior.  As well, I'm still using 13.7.2 because when I go to update it is unable to connect and gives me that error.  I sat on with Adobe support for an hour today and we couldn't figure it out.  As I'm in the middle of big projects I just decided to not update, but this error upon startup is very worrying.  Anyone have an idea what could be going wrong or how I can fix it?

Many thanks for your time.

- Fredo

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 7.21.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-06 at 7.21.11 PM.png

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

OK!  Just got an answer and solution from Adobe tech support.  The problem is that there is an issue with these versions of AfterEffects (and I found the same problem in Premiere to my horror this morning as well!) and the latest couple Mac OSs.  The solution is to close the Library window.  It then acts normally.  Apparently they have fixed it in the latest update, but I found the same issue on my second computer, which has been updated.  Anyway, if anyone else has this issue, close your cc lib

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh! and I'm using a Mac, os10.10.5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you  Reset After Effects Settings File to its Default ?

Have you Tried to Disable " Motion 2" Script  or Any other 3rd party Plugins ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Mohammad.Harb.  Thanks for the response.  No, I have not tried to do either.  Can you tell me how I can disable scripts?  Do I just remove them from the scripts folder? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... interesting.  I just opened AE on my second computer and it too gave me the same error.  I don't have Motion 2 installed on that computer.  This to me says it's something with the online connection to Adobe.  Not sure how to fix this.  Perplexing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK!  Just got an answer and solution from Adobe tech support.  The problem is that there is an issue with these versions of AfterEffects (and I found the same problem in Premiere to my horror this morning as well!) and the latest couple Mac OSs.  The solution is to close the Library window.  It then acts normally.  Apparently they have fixed it in the latest update, but I found the same issue on my second computer, which has been updated.  Anyway, if anyone else has this issue, close your cc library window.  Voila.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My library window is closed and still gives me the same message :S 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yet another reason why the morons at Adobe need to slow down their release cycle.  Everything is always broken simply because they don't spend long enough on each version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines