• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace Images

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program I am documenting recently had a version update, and for some reason the programs decided to change the look of all icons. I have the images in numerous topics, is there an "easy" way to replace the images, without having to manually review all 200+ topics?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christi

As long as the image dimensions haven't changed, the process should be as simple as saving the updated images to the same locations using the same file names. Now if you are using source control, you would want to ensure you updated the source control databases with the new images too. But I'm not certain how that would be handled. Perhaps seeing a new date/time stamp on the images would be sufficient.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

going forward, you can create snippets for your images, so that all you'll have to do is update the snippet for a change to propagate throughout the program.

Me LOVE snippets. Snippets good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent point, Laurin!

However, I don't believe we know for certain that RoboHelp 7 is in use. And if it is, are we certain these images exist as an element of its own on the page.

But yes, snippets are wonderful little beasties!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, my bad - I get a little excited talking about snippets. if you had any idea how much time they have saved me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

We are using RH7 at LVVWD. I have to remember what you told us about snippets... and would I then need to go into the topics, after creating all the images as snippets and replace the images with snippets.

Christi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christi

Yes, if you define a Snippet, there is no magical functionality that will trawl through your topics and substitute the content your snippet contains for the matching content.

However, that process would be a one off. From there forward, you would just change the content of the Snippet and any topic using the Snippet would be updated.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Tried the snippets for this, they didn't like being inside of a sentence. So, going with yours, it worked great!

Thanks Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp