• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Navigation Pane Killed by FireFox 3

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a whim, I tested my RoboHelp 7 WebHelp with FireFox 3.

The entire navigation pane is blank.

Is there a workaround for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't tried FF3 but have seen the problem with a merged webhelp output. Is that what you are working with? In that case it was because one of the projects had been set to a different language to the others so that can only occur with merged webhelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, this help set has never been merged. Could this, along with a changed language setting, have happened by accident?

After the last patch (thank you, RoboHelp team!), it works beautifully in Safari, Firefox 2, and IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2008 Jul 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brainskillet - Tell me about the patch, please. I am still out here trying to make my project compatible with any browser other than IE. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it was not a change of language problem, it was because of different languages within a merge set. You would know if you were producing merged help so that is clearly not the problem.

Does this problem occur if you open this output in FF2 and other browsers?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works in FF2, Safari, and Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have FF3 installed to test please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am told by someone that their test with FF3 worked fine. Try opening one of the supplied sample projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last I heard, FF3 was beta. Maybe we should wait for it to be released before drawing a conclusion. Or maybe document the problem for the good folks over at Mozilla.

Relevant info:

WebHelp, or WebHelp pro on a RH server?
Win XP, or Vista?
Is WebHelp on a local hard drive, in a network Windows directory, or on a network with its own URL?
What are your Content settings in FF3 Tools / Options? Is the browser's popup blocker active?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FF3 is now live, and I'm getting bugs filed against the help.

Vista + FireFox 3 = Works

Mac + FireFox 3 = TOC is broken.

--------------------------------
Q: WebHelp, or WebHelp pro on a RH server?
WebHelp

Q: Win XP, or Vista?
Works on XP, Vista.
Doesn't work on Mac

Q: Is WebHelp on a local hard drive, in a network Windows directory, or on a network with its own URL?
It has its own URL.

Q: What are your security and privacy settings in FF3 Options? (Particularly regarding ActiveX content)
ActiveX isn't applicable to Mac.

Q: Is the browser's popup blocker active?
yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 23, 2008 Jun 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so the problem seems to be on Mac OS.

You need to turn off popup blocker, I believe. I'll check tonight at home on Mac. Last time I checked, Mozilla said 2.0.0.14 was the highest version for Mac.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2008 Jun 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear it works on Mac with FF3 in Safe Mode. I'm not sure what that translates to as far as a workaround goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were having this issue but we determined it was caused by the latest version of the Firebug plugin for FF3. When we disabled this, the navigation pane showed back up. This is in a Win environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2008 Jul 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lauri

Brainskillet was referring to the two patches accessed by going to Help | Updates in RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2008 Aug 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hope you guys are following this thread.

To be able to investigate this Adobe need to replicate the problem. I have just installed the Firebug add-on and my webhelp is running just fine. The webhelp is on a local drive with Mark of the Web applied.

Somebody please tell me how to break it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp