• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Presenter 11 require Video Express 11 also?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is if I need to buy Video Express in order to take use of full functionality in Presenter 11?

If ‘no’ what would be the mail arguments that I need to buy Express Video as well?

Thanks in advance

/Duneheather

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you are not required to have both products (though they used to be a single product).

Adobe Presenter 11 is the plug-in for MS PPT that allows you to take PPT presentations and add audio, video, Flash interactions and quiz functionality and publish it out as a web-based presentation that can be delivered through Adobe Connect, and LMS or any web server.

Adobe Presenter Video Express 11 is a tool that allows you to capture your webcam video, audio and computer screen and then edit them together in a video that can be placed back into an Adobe Presenter presentation, pushed to YouTube or just kept as a local MP4 file to do with as you please.

The two products can work together, but don't require each other. Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your answer Flying...

Could you please elaborate a little: When the evangelist in the below video uses the screen capture functionality in a test for Presenter (1 minute 30 seconds into the video) does it then reflect, that she has the Video Express application installed as well? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp9opgZC95I

I do need to make recordings of screen interactions and present with other material in e-learning sessions, but I think it is quite expensive, if I have to buy both products to do this…

Thanks once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That entire video was recorded using Adobe Presenter Video Express and, yes, at 1:30 when she selects the Record Video option that is the shortcut to using APVE. So, in this case you would need both. \

I agree it is expensive, but you may want to look at Adobe Captivate. It was built for screen/workflow capturing and is kind of like Presenter's big brother. There is a steeper learning curve to it, but it is like Adobe's more robust version of PPT where it makes slide based presentations. And, you'll only need to purchase one product. The downside is that Captivate doesn't do webcam captures (that I'm aware of).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks once again.

As I understand it I'll have to buy both AP and APVE.

I'm not sure if you are an Adobe evangelist yourself, but would you be able to recommend an alternative to the Adobe solution that is cheaper but with same functionality and ability to integrate to major LMS's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not an Adobe evangelist (my badge would say Staff instead of ACP), just a long time user of these products.

The alternative tool I would recommend would be Captivate.Once you get past the steeper learning curve, it is a far more capable tool than Presenter. Captivate has the same reporting options as Presenter, and a few more if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources