Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFImage Fonts

Oct 29, 2007 Oct 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, looking for some help with cfimage. I've installed a TTF font on the Windows 2003 server, and in the CFadministrator.

But when trying to use this font with cfimage, I get the following error: Unable to find font: Serif.

It's not a syntax error because my code works fine with Arial or Verdana. I read the CF whitepapers and found a note that my code needs to reference the Font Face column in the CF Administrator exactly which I've done. I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems getting fonts working with cfimage?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2008 Jun 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have had problems with CFIMAGE as well. We did the 8.01 upgrade and the latest patch which fixed many issues with CFIMAGE. However, it seems that if a font is not an OTF type font or if it is one of those downloadable free fonts it renders boxes instead of characters. Even tried to convert a TTF font file to an OTF file using a font conversion tool but that didn't work. Of course most all MS, Adobe and paid-for fonts work fine.

I hope Adobe fixes this issue - we have great plans for CFIMAGE's use on our site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I do not know if it will resolve your issue. But it may be worth trying the suggestion in the bottom comments here.
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/functions_h-im_21.html#5178583

In short, try installing the custom fonts in the jre font directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation