Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interchangeability of RoboHelp for HTML Help

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2006 Nov 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm wondering if there is any problem with modifying the project created in RoboHelp 9.2 in RoboHelp X5.
Before, I experienced some errors doing that...but not sure.
Does anyone know about interchangeability among different versions of RoboHelp?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2006 Nov 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify one point? You refer to interchangeability rather than upgrading. Are you needing to be able to work on the project in both versions or just X5?

If it is the latter, with the exception of one problem affecting winhelp and printed output, you should be able to upgrade without problems. Tell us of the errors you experienced and maybe someone can help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2006 Nov 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your information, first.
The files were created in RoboHelp 9.2, and I will modify them in RoboHelp X5 (HTML).
When I did the same thing before, all links were broken in the files, so I had to fix all of them. But I'm not sure what the reason was. Can anybody know about this?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2006 Nov 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don't think this has been a "normal" problem so I would take a backup copy of the project and go ahead.

I assume your project is on your hard disk, if it isn't you're on your own!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp