• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't uninstall McAfee after installing Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help from a technical expert.  Since I have Adblock on my desktop computer,  the square where McAfee turns up with its silly opt out-option wasn't visible at all. So now I unwillingly have McAfee on it. This seems impossible to remove, but I  HAVE to get rid  of it since I have another antivirus program.

Please help me because I  am dewperate.  I have an old desktop computer that won't even update any more, and I rarely use it.

When I try to find the program for McAfee,  I get an empty folder. But I can see it's there through Microsofts "Programs and functions (translated from Swedish). But when I try to UNINSTALL it, it says ERROR LAUNCHER.

Even in sandbox mode it says the same thing.

How do I get rid of this piece of unwanted crap? I'm very concerned it might fuss with my active antivirus program!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSA - Automated Silent McAfee Security Scan Plus Remover

This might alleviate your pain with that McAfee garbage

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, Carm01

Unfortunately my paperweight piece of junk is a windows Vista. Yes I am going to buy a new one shortly lol.

Do you think you could make an edition for 32bit?  Pleeease lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would have to modify the entire program quite a bit in order to accomplish that, and have no way to test that as i have not used a 32 bit machine in 7 years. If i get time I will and will send you a PM to a link to it, but make no guarantees

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines