Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lifecycle Rights Management and Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I borrowed a book from a digital library. The book is protected with Adobe Livecycle Rights management. I tried to read the book using Adobe Digital Editions, like I do for all PDF books. I get an error message saying that errors have been found. However, I can open the book in Acrobat.

Can I do anything to read the book in Adobe Digital Editions?

Thanks and regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Error message you get exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

« Impossible to open <filename>

Errors have been detected in this element »

Screen copy (in French)

Adobe_Digital_Editions -_Bibliothèque.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you your Acrobat authorize with your Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can read in Adobe Digital Edition books with Adobe DRM, except when the protection is via Lifecycle Rights management. In this case I can read the book in Acrobat until my rights are terminated (this is normal) , but not in Adobe Digital Editions. The screen copy shows the result of the File-Property command in Acrobat for a book that I can read in Acrobat but not in ADE.

Propriétés_du_document.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then should work it. Its a normal PDF format or a special PDF format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can send it (2.4 MB). Rights are on until July 9th. Please provide an email address, this site does not accept PDF's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no adobe support person. Try only to help if i can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂

I know and thank you for that. I apologize if my approach is not the right one; however it came naturally because:

a. You know better than me.

b. My answer is more precise this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF was not help because is linked with your Adobe ID. In this case should only Adobe Support help with the file itself. Have you the Error with diffent PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky,

Sorry for the delay, I had to find a Windows computer and more files to confirm.

I confirm that I have the same error on Mac and Windows for all PDF files that are protected with Lifecycle Rights Management. When files are protected otherwise I have not this problem.

I believe that is no Adobe support for Adobe Digital Edition, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Digital Edition is a cost free product. You get help in this forum from Staff person. Better you try to wirte direkct on such a person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines