Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder and Android Marshmallow

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I'm working on a video application for PC and Android. But I'm having a permissions problem with Android Marshmallow.

I ask to use Internet permission. When I install the app on a Lollipop device I can see it normally and accept it.

When I put the exact same .apk file on the Marshmallow device when installing it doesn't ask for the internet permission and then it crashes.

For reference I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note5 (Marshmallow) and a Samsung Galaxy S4(Lollipop).

Also this is what I have for permissions:

<manifest android:installLocation="auto">

<!--See the Adobe AIR documentation for more information about setting Google Android permissions-->

<!--Removing the permission android.permission.INTERNET will have the side effect

of preventing you from debugging your application on your device-->

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>-->

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"/>-->

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION"/>-->

<!--The DISABLE_KEYGUARD and WAKE_LOCK permissions should be toggled together

in order to access AIR's SystemIdleMode APIs-->

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.DISABLE_KEYGUARD"/>-->

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK"/>-->

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA"/>

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO"/>-->

<!--The ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE and ACCESS_WIFI_STATE permissions should be toggled

together in order to use AIR's NetworkInfo APIs-->

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>-->

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"/>-->

</manifest>

I tried enabling all permissions to see how both versions of Android would react. Lollipop sees them all while Marshmallow doesn't see Internet, Record Audio and few others.

Can anyone tell me what's the problem here? Is there a different way to ask permissions for Marshmallow?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines