• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I wanted to sync my home computer to my work computer with digital editions.

My work computer wouldn't download the books from my home computer, so I unauthorised both computers. Now I cant even read or authorise my home computer and all my books are unreadable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you Digital Edition authorize on both Devices with the same Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Home computer I don't remember ever authorising the digital editions. On the new work computer I logged in using my adobe ID. When It wouldn't sync to my home computer I then went through the process of de authorising both as stated earlier. I have tried re authorising my home computer but It wont let me.

If I discover that I have another adobe ID from a long time ago, is it possible to transfer the authorisation of books and pdfs to my newer Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried setting up my computer back to continuing using Digital Editions with no Authorisation, and I still can't open any of my book purchases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mattv64838121 schrieb:

I have tried setting up my computer back to continuing using Digital Editions with no Authorisation, and I still can't open any of my book purchases.

If you have authoirze and remove it not the same authorize. For the system its a new authorization.

The Adobe ID which are linked with the eBook could not change form adobe, you and me. This can only change the reseller of the eBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a more helpful answer than "contact the reseller" i.e. Amazon…..

Surely this is a major problem for a lot of people and there has to be an easier way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First i know that have any people have this problem. I also to begin, so i try to help customer with the same problem. I no staff person. The problem is that used a worng adobe id for the authiorze or used no authorize. So the eBook are linked with the wrong id. This can not solved adobe becasue the eBooks not form adobe. Only help if reset of the license of the eBook and that can only the reseller of the eBook. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some way of starting again by uninstalling digital editions, and then taking the .epub files and opening them up again in a newly installed digital editions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Help: Erase Authorization

Help: Authorize [using Adobe ID]

Select Book(s): Remove from Library

Re-add book(s)

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually don't try this!! that's what I did thinking I could be able to read my book on both my latptop and phone and now I completely lost a 60€ ebook!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines