• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Admin Privileges Error Popup Adobe Flash 22.0.0.209 with admin credentials

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error so far only when Internet Explorer is open on a system. I am a local administrator, using SCCM I tried using SCUP and creating a package. I install does work, but I get this popup. I do not have this problem with any of the older versions. Has anyone else seen this or know how to resolve?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

The issue was present only for ActiveX therefore we have a new release for the same(22.0.0.210). Since there is no issue being seen for PPAPI and NPAPI no release is done for the same.

Thanks for informing that the issue is resolved with 22.0.0.210.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What Windows version is this happening on?  Do you have IE open during the installation or is it closed and you open it after installation?  What are the installation workflow steps so that we can attempt to reproduce?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same fault, is it likely to be resolved soon?  I am also trying to deploy with SCCM, thought of creating a global condition but a lot of work/testing if a revision will be released soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. We've shut down our internal Flash update servers for the time being since there's no availability of the previous, working, fp_background_update.cab.

And since there's also no hint of an ETA, all I have to offer angry management is the small consolation that we aren't alone in this.

Thanks for the utter lack of basic QA, Adobe. It's not like I had other things to do with my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are already working on it. The update will be available soon. Will keep you posted.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to shut down the internal Background Update service.  The behaviour is only reproducible with specific installer vectors and only if the browser is open during the installation.  As others have stated on this thread, the installation does succeed.

We will post back to this discussion topic when the update is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I respectfully disagree that there is "no need" to temporarily disable the update servers. Error popups, even if they're spurious, disrupt users, generate helpdesk traffic, and create bad optics all the way around. (It also makes senior IT managers who were promised that using the background update process would make the near-constant necessity of updating Adobe Flash a problem-free, popup-free, hassle-free experience very upset.)

I appreciate that y'all are working on an update. Is there any expectation of an ETA we admins can use for planning purposes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aiming to release later this week.  Someone will post back to this topic when the update is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness! I was so worried I was a lost sheep amongst the herd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I created an install in sccm with the MSI and deployed it so clients with IE open and IE closed. It installs as expected when IE is closed, but I get that popup when IE is open. This is with Version 22.0.0.209, I have never gotten this popup in the past and I updated with each release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also used it as a SCUP Package. In about 10 minutes I will have tested using SCCM with SCUP,SCCM Package with MSI, and PSEXEC via exe. PSEXE I am in the process of testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We've reproduced the issue and have filed an internal bug for it.  This is an injection in 22.0.0.209, which is why you're not seeing it in previous versions.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be another release to address the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FP 22.0.0.210 will be live in some time. Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into the same issue with an SCCM deployment using the MSI.   IS there something wrong with the MSI that is prompting for the admin privileges?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have noticed in our environment even with the pop up Flash still installs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALL

I can get the manual process to work here:

Guide to Manually updating Flash Player - Windows

Only two steps and seems to work without any issues.

Best Regards

If I have assisted you please mark my post here as helpful

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so version FP 22.0.0.210 is replacing 22.0.0.209 to correct the admin privileges issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use ConfigMgr Current Branch (currently 1602) with System Center Updates Publisher, and I see a new download was available.  It provided a new .210 for ActiveX, but looks like the PPAPI and Plugin are still .209.  We'll see how pilot goes with the change.  Thanks, tho, to m_vargas for keeping us informed that a fix was in the works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was present only for ActiveX therefore we have a new release for the same(22.0.0.210). Since there is no issue being seen for PPAPI and NPAPI no release is done for the same.

Thanks for informing that the issue is resolved with 22.0.0.210.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look at this thread.

Admin Privileges Error Popup Adobe Flash 22.0.0.209 with admin credentials

You'll see that it is in fact present in both NPAPI and PPAPI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note I didn't reply or say it was resolved--I said we'll see how pilot goes.  I'm hoping for no issues, but only pilot will confirm that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am deploying now with SCCM and so far no issues or prompts for admin privileges

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are facing the below issue while pushing Adobe Flash Player  22.0.0.209 Updates

AdobeFlash.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines